Noise at shift with VHO

VHO Silverado

Yes all VHO's have this and it's not from the rear of the truck it is actually from the front of the truck. It is the belt slipping when the truck shifts because the RPM drops off so quick everything up front spining trys to keep going causing some slippage. Some people have had luck with the goodyear gatorback belt. I havn't tried it because it doesn't bother me.

cool thanks just wanted to make sure here was not a problem. It don't bother me either I kinda like it

Yeah I love when I floor it to pass cars and it chirp then you see people looking like WTF even better is when there are people walking on the sidewalk and they turn around to see what is about to fly past them and see it's a silverado. :crackup:

With the new tune this thing chirps hard getting into second.  A rolling 15 - 20 and then on the throttle I can't get the tires to stay hooked until after it gets into second still going sideways.... :driving:  :ughdance:

THats strange cuz with my pcmforless tune, i had it tuned for more firm shifts, and it made the belt slippage go away... now i put the stock tune back in and the noise is back. :dunno:

But yea like jon said, people look like what hte heck, and with my corsa exhaust, it has a mean sound that it spits out kinda like a tight gearbox shift on a F1.

Archived