LQ9 VS LS2

I guess the reason i posted the question was to find out why the LS2 6.0 had 400hp and theLQ9 had 345hp and maybe some of the parts could intercange? From what ive heard the LQ9 heads andLS6 heads are the same type w/ different size combustion chambers. is this correct????? what would be a good way to get to over 400hp out of the LQ9??? cam,tune,exhaust??? Are the heads that are on it preety decent? any help would be great thanks

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the LQ9 has a steel block and the LS2 is an all aluminum engine.

I believe that is correct.

Actually an iron block - LQ9.

I knew that. :jester: Question caught me off guard. :crackup:

This is just not my day. :banghead::crackup:

Cam, crank, and knock sensors are in different locations, reluctor ring on crank is different, cam gear is different, possibly the cam also, different PCM and harness also. Different intake & throttle body. LS2=alum block&heads LQ9,LQ4=iron block, alum heads.

I guess the reason i posted the question was to find out why the LS2 6.0 had 400hp and theLQ9 had 345hp and maybe some of the parts could intercange?  From what ive heard the LQ9 heads andLS6 heads are the same type w/ different size combustion chambers.  is this correct????? what would be a good way to get to over 400hp out of the LQ9??? cam,tune,exhaust???  Are the heads that are on it preety decent?    any help would be great    thanks

well, the LS2 has more compression and a bigger cam to start with. they also rate them based on the vehicle and the corvette for example has a much better designed air intake system with a very nicely built dual exhaust. there are many little things that put the LS2 up to 400hp and aside from the compression and cam, it's just that, all the little things. the LQ9 could match the power though with ease.

I guess the reason i posted the question was to find out why the LS2 6.0 had 400hp and theLQ9 had 345hp and maybe some of the parts could intercange?  From what ive heard the LQ9 heads andLS6 heads are the same type w/ different size combustion chambers.  is this correct????? what would be a good way to get to over 400hp out of the LQ9??? cam,tune,exhaust???  Are the heads that are on it preety decent?    any help would be great    thanks

well, the LS2 has more compression and a bigger cam to start with. they also rate them based on the vehicle and the corvette for example has a much better designed air intake system with a very nicely built dual exhaust. there are many little things that put the LS2 up to 400hp and aside from the compression and cam, it's just that, all the little things. the LQ9 could match the power though with ease.

Ive been asking around a little bit and am wondering what mods would be best to bump up the LQ9. I heard the heads arent bad but a cam upgrade w/springs and the usuall bolt ons and a tune would produce good results? :dunno:

• 2 weeks later...

Ive been asking around a little bit and am wondering what mods would be best to bump up the LQ9. I heard the heads arent bad but a cam upgrade w/springs and the usuall bolt ons and a tune would produce good results? :dunno:

The LS2 is all aluminum has the same cam specs and heads as the 2001 Z06. The cam is .525 lift 204 int 211 exhaust at .050. I believe its a different part number due to the cam pos sensor being relocated to the front. 10.9:1 comp ratio. It also uses a 90mm throttle body which has the electronic throttle (no cable)

Archived