BEST MODS????????

SS TITANIC

so am I missing something? just asked a couple of simple questions because im excited to start adding power to my truck when it comes in. I did find the answers to most of the questions.

A stock SSS should run somewhere between 14.8-15.2

Beginning mods that most people do are, exhaust,cai,pcm tune,tq conv.,etc.

My short term goal is to run in the 13s with bolt ons and a few other mods not costing a lot. so i figured there a few people around this site that started where i did and had experience and could give some advice.

Or is it once you get a ton of posts you can start laughing at newbie questions since youve already" been there done that" or did i miss something??????? thanks :shakehead:

so am I missing something? just asked a couple of simple questions because im excited to start adding power to my truck when it comes in.  I did find the answers to most of the questions.

A stock SSS should run somewhere between 14.8-15.2

Beginning mods that most people do are,  exhaust,cai,pcm tune,tq conv.,etc.

My short term goal is to run in the 13s with bolt ons and a few other mods not costing a lot.  so i figured there a few people around this site that started where i did and had experience and could give some advice.

Or is it once you get a ton of posts you can start laughing at newbie questions since youve already" been there done that" or did i miss something???????            thanks :shakehead:

We're just giving you a hard time man. Trust me that EXACT SAME QUESTION has been asked probably a thousand times already by every n00b on the site. Hell... we all did it at one time or another.... I know I did. What we're trying to tell you is that your answers are already on the site... just search the board for your answers rather than starting YET ANOTHER "what mods should I do first" thread.

Trust me... you want to be ripped on here... its when the wise cracks stop that you need to worry. :uhoh:

dylan's right. the answers are all there for you for the most part. don't take the newbie hazing too personal. it's how the veterans test the newbies to see if they can handle being with the group. it's also their way of pointing out that you aren't the first person to ask the question. check out the last hundred posts with the same question and from there make your questions specific. my recomendation is to not only check out posts, but sigs and track times. pick a specific part that you want to try next and ask a question specificly based on your next choice such as:

Header choices

I'll be in the market for headers for my truck next. I do/don't have to meet emissions in my area and i want something to go with my current mods which are *** and work with my future plans of ***.

posts like that will get you your best results whether it's for headers, cold air intakes, programming, etc. give all the information that may be related to the item your searching for such as use of truck, emissions requirements, and future plans.

good luck and good modding. :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...

Shift kit and TB TC-WOW! complete different driving experence. Start with the simple mods and then after your other stuff is in (shift kit/tc) then add more. I cannot express how much of a difference these mods made and this is with/out ANY tuning, so it will only get better is great to me. I just ordered my trans cooler and 160 tstat...so when the tune is ready so will my truck.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived