BEST MODS????????

SS TITANIC

I KNOW THIS IS A COMMON QUESTION but what are the best and biggest bang for the buck mods to do? I just ordered my 06 SSS and already want to mod it as soon as it gets here. What should i expect it to run in the 1320? and what would i need to get in to the 13s with out spending a ton of cash? THANKS MIKE

itll cost more, seeing as how you will have some traction issues...

cold air (your brand of choice), pcm tune, thermostat, a good exhaust system (brand of choice once again)....

good luck and enjoy!

not sure what a stock 2wd does in the quarter....

I have seen 15.1 printed a few places for a stock time in the quarter but I belive that is under near perfect conditions. I ran my VHO stock and was only able to achieve a 15.4 and after minor changes in the tune ran 15.2.

Biggest bang for the buck and for sure 13s - N2O.

:withstupid: , Deezel is in solid 13s with a few mods and cold-fusion nitrous. I should be too with my kit but I just haven't ran on a track yet.

N20 IS AWESOME but i want to hit the 13s with out a poweradder. :driving:

cold air intake, torque converter, a nice cam (custom to your mods), headers (atleast mid-length), a quality set of heads with upgraded springs+rockers, and tune it all in and you should be sitting in consistent 13s. Just my advice, but :dunno:

Cold air intake, 160 tstat,and pcm tune, how much will that improve performance? can i add other mods after the tune such as cam and rockers and exhaust without a retune? Brian at pcm4less sounds like a good guy or zippy? Ilive in MI so any help would be great? thanks, mike

Those mods will provide decent performance gains.

Chances are if you add a cam you'll "have" to get a re-tune - depending on how large you go. Exhaust pieces, like headers, the tuning may not be required, but in order take full advantage of it you need to adjust it.

my suggestions for modifications. first thing is to buy some tuning software and a thermostat. even if you don't have the knowledge to tune yourself you can usually get someone to send you a tune to use or get alot of help on what to do with yours. the way to getting the most out of your truck is in the programming, especially with the transmission being involved as well as engine on these trucks. second i'd get a torque converter and shift kit installed in there. third and fourth mods would be cold air intake and exhaust. with these mods alone you should be able to run a very low 14 on the stock tires. at that point you're a camshaft away from 13's.

my suggestions for modifications. first thing is to buy some tuning software and a thermostat. even if you don't have the knowledge to tune yourself you can usually get someone to send you a tune to use or get alot of help on what to do with yours. the way to getting the most out of your truck is in the programming, especially with the transmission being involved as well as engine on these trucks. second i'd get a torque converter and shift kit installed in there. third and fourth mods would be cold air intake and exhaust. with these mods alone you should be able to run a very low 14 on the stock tires. at that point you're a camshaft away from 13's.

would you have to retune after the torque converter and exhaust?

Concentrate very hard on your question....

Picture in your mind what you goals are....

Select and concentrate on some key words.....

Then click on the crystal ball...

THE ANSWERS TO ALL YOUR QUESTIONS WILL BE REVEALED

crystal_ball2.jpg

Archived