408 STROKER BUILD

will that cam be a good cam with 10.5 to 1 compression na.

You know who I'd call about a cam for you?

Yes the TRex is a good choice for higher compression engines :thumbs: and was fine in its day but FMS will give you more driveability and a bit more power under the curve for the same price. Just call the Futrals, I'm sure they will be glad to help you and he can also suggest a good turbo cam too. I would cam for optimal use with the turbo, the impact of NOS in your case is a secondary goal, get the STS to work right first.

The TRex is a good sounding cam - but I LOVE :wub::wub::wub: the F-13 and F-14 more; check with FMS on what kind of converter you're going to have to run with that. Check ls1sounds.com, they have a clip of a fbody with a F-13 and Edelbrock mufflers that is just amazing.

If I were building a max-effort street N/A 408 myself - I would use the F-13 cam with appropriate converter; it also has enough split in the duration that with good headers it would also make a pretty fair NOS cam too IMO. The F-14 might be a bit much but then again with correct converter and the additional 1/4" stroke it might soften the lump out of it a bit. These cams are on 112-114lsa, not 110... Again, just my opinion - I love big cams! Ask how big you can go and still run the A/C in gear!

Mr. P. :)

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

zippy what cam would you recommend is best for the 408. some people are telling me to get the futral f13 cam's

.230 .232 .595 .585 114lsa or 112lsa

or how about thei nitrous blower cam

.232 .236 .585 .600 114lsa

i would like the best performance i can get out of this motor na before i put a turbo on it please help.

what would be the best cam for a 408 stroker forged internals low compression with a turbo and and 150-250 shot of nitrous. where would be the best and cheapest place to buy the 408 kit that eagle sells.

i got me a 241/247 .588/.594 113

do you any sound clip of your setup

yup no reving though just idle

idle

zippy what cam would you recommend is best for the 408. some people are telling me to get the futral f13 cam's

.230 .232 .595 .585 114lsa or 112lsa

or how about thei nitrous blower cam

.232 .236 .585 .600 114lsa

i would like the best performance i can get out of this motor na before i put a turbo on it please help.

of those two the first one would be better suited to a turbo setup although i'd rather see it with a 114LSA for turbo use. the second of those two would be better for naturally asperated or blown though.

• 1 month later...
Anyone look into this cam? HPE S-Cam

that cam would also work very well in a 408 with the right heads.

I'm thinking of that for my LS2 GTO in the spring. Several have it and love it. Makes great power and good drivability. If someone want a stock LS2 cam, let me know. 204/211 525/525 116 LSA

Anyone look into this cam? HPE S-Cam

that cam would also work very well in a 408 with the right heads.

I'm thinking of that for my LS2 GTO in the spring. Several have it and love it. Makes great power and good drivability. If someone want a stock LS2 cam, let me know. 204/211 525/525 116 LSA

that's certainly going to scream in a 6.0L. shift points will be around 6700-7000 i'd imagine. :D

Archived