***New shoes***

r8rs4lf

I've been contemplating getting rid of my Intro V-Rods 6's for a while because of the drama of polishing. I thought I would be able to handle it this time around (I've had previous aluminum wheels), but that was not the case. I figure they would just continue to oxodize as time went by and then the looks of my truck would follow. I'm sure everyone knows how I feel about chrome, but I almost feel like I don't have a choice, but to go with chrome. So this is what I ended up with. I really loved the style of the V-Rods so I tried to get the same look, but in chrome.

115085613.jpg

115085604.jpg

115085624.jpg

What do you guys think?

Late- Alex

Alex, the truck looks excellent as always, and the new wheels are :cool: But I honestly like the Intro's a little better with their flatter spokes vs. the two steps in each spoke of the new wheels.

But............... I can totally understand going to a chrome wheels on a daily driver. I (Like yourself) prefer the look of polished aluminum over chrome anyday and is why I run fully polished (inside barrels too) 3pc. iforged wheels on my Camaro SS. I love the wheels but after traveling on a couple HotRod PowerTours the thought of getting the iForged wheels chromed has crossed my mind until.......... I polish them up again and see the look of shiny aluminum over the look of chrome.

But as much as I like the aluminum look I am searching for a nice looking (easy to keep clean) chrome wheel (w/o too much bling bling) for the Silverado SS as it is my daily driver where polished wheels would be a PITA to have. Heck just keeping the Corsa tips looking good on my SSS and the ones on my wife's Camaro SS are a pain and they are Stainless Steel. So it looks like I will be getting chrome wheels for the truck and the wife's Camaro as I am the one keeping her car clean too (always works that way doesn't it) as I don't need 3 sets of polished wheels to keep after.

So I can completely understand your decision to dump the polished Intro's for some chrome and like the choice for the new wheels as they too have a nice clean look like the V-Rods did. I have consdered the same wheels for my truck but have not seen a set on an SSS yet. Looks good and thanks for the pics!! :thumbs:

Alex, the truck looks excellent as always, and the new wheels are  :cool:  But I honestly like the Intro's a little better with their flatter spokes vs. the two steps in each spoke of the new wheels. 

But............... I can totally understand going to a chrome wheels on a daily driver. I (Like yourself) prefer the look of polished aluminum over chrome anyday and is why I run fully polished (inside barrels too)  3pc. iforged wheels on my Camaro SS.  I love the wheels but after traveling on a couple HotRod PowerTours  the thought of getting the iForged wheels chromed has crossed my mind until.......... I polish them up again and see the look of shiny aluminum over the look of chrome.

But as much as I like the aluminum look I am searching for a nice looking (easy to keep clean) chrome wheel (w/o too much bling bling) for the Silverado SS as it is my daily driver where polished wheels would be a PITA to have. Heck just keeping the Corsa tips looking good on my SSS and the ones on my wife's Camaro SS are a pain and they are Stainless Steel. So it looks like I will be getting chrome wheels for the truck and the wife's Camaro as I am the one keeping her car clean too (always works that way doesn't it) as I don't need 3 sets of polished wheels to keep after.

So I can completely understand your decision to dump the polished Intro's for some chrome and like the choice for the new wheels as they too have a nice clean look like the V-Rods did. I have consdered the same wheels for my truck but have not seen a set on an SSS yet. Looks good and thanks for the pics!! :thumbs:

You hit the nail right on the head there! :thumbs: If I didn't have to drive this thing more than once a week, I would have stayed with the V-Rods because I can honestly say the V-Rods look way better than these, but only when they are nice and poilished! Oh well, you never know what the future will hold. I might still go back to some Intro's in the future, but will definately look into getting them cleared coated.

Late- Alex

Where did you find them i thought they were discontinued    either way you made the wright move more driving time  :driving:  instead of polishing.

I got them from a local dealer here called Performance Plus in Long Beach. I did call Oasis direct to get pricing and was actually going to buy straight from them, but was told to go to a dealer to get better than "list" pricing. Pretty cool considering what company actually directs you to somewhere else to get them cheaper?

I have no clue as to whether they are going to be discontinued. They guy I talked to at Oasis didn't say anything about that.

Late- Alex

I have been considering going chrome also be cause of the maintinance of polished aluminium. I have Boyd wheels on my show truck and they are a pain to keep nice.

But I went and bought a power ball Fraday and WOW what a difference. What use to take at least an hour per wheel took less than 10 min. each. I don't think the powerball will last more than a few times but it sure makes it a lot easier.

I

But I went and bought a power ball Fraday and WOW what a difference.  What use to take at least an hour per wheel took less than 10 min. each.  I don't think the powerball will last more than a few times but it sure makes it a lot easier.

Been there, done that! It does take a considerable amount of time off of the process.

Late- Alex

Archived