07 Yukon & Denali

Dylan06SS

10231_BNGHINFYASFKK.jpg

10232_LAXYNRXMQNWBP.jpg

GMC Shows Yukon, Denali

The next two versions of GM's new full-size SUVs are on display this week at the California International Auto Show in Anaheim. The GMC Yukon and Yukon Denali, in GM's words, have exceptional driving characteristics. What's immediately obvious, too, is that they have distinctive appearances, much more so than the last editions.

The Yukon is the mass-market edition, available in cloth or leather-trimmed versions with rear- or four-wheel drive. Tall headlamps and smart details distinguish the Yukon from the similar Chevrolet Tahoe. Like the Tahoe and the new Denali, the Yukon is longer and wider than the past versions, has a stiffer body structure and a new power-steering rack, and standard anti-lock brakes with stability control.

Seventeen-inch wheels are standard on the Yukon, as is a 320-hp, 5.3-liter V-8 engine (though a 290-hp, 4.8-liter version will replace that on rear-drive models later in the model year, GM says).

The Yukon Denali, meanwhile, gets some exclusivity added to its image in the 2007 edition. A new 380-hp, 6.2-liter V-8 mated to a tap-shift six-speed automatic transmission is reserved for the Denali model. A chromed grille, different head and taillamps and special 18-inch wheels separate it from the Yukon as well as automatic climate control and remote starting.

Both the Yukon and Denali offer a laundry list of options, including running boards, a power tailgate, DVD navigation, and a DVD entertainment system, as well as three-row side-curtain airbags (standard on the Denali). Both versions will be on sale in the first quarter of 2006.

Personally I like it... stock I think they're hideous... but how many of us would leave it stock? Same with the Tahoe... I wouldn't rock it stock... but dropped and on 22's or 24's would be TITS!!

I think it looks much more upscale now and the interior pics I've seen look really nice. Most people are giving it the :puke: right now... but I think it'll grow on you once you see it in person.

Personally I like it... stock I think they're hideous... but how many of us would leave it stock? Same with the Tahoe... I wouldn't rock it stock... but dropped and on 22's or 24's would be TITS!!

I think it looks much more upscale now and the interior pics I've seen look really nice. Most people are giving it the  :puke:  right now... but I think it'll grow on you once you see it in person.

I Dunno, Mabey the DVK has a good point here.... But so far i think it looks a little funny queer.... I'm not really feelin it. But who knows it may grow on me..

Cover up the grill and I would have guessed it was an updated Mercury Mountaineer.

I also think it just has to grow on me but the Denali powertrain sounds interesting.

Think of the possibility of swapping parts with our trucks. A tap-shift six speed auto sounds pretty cool in a SSS. :thumbs:

Archived