just did a few mods

tawss04

My pcm just came in today from pcmforless. Installed it and the 160* thermostat. Gonna play a little on the way home :D . let ya know tomorrow how it :driving: . gonna go back to the track Wed. I now its a small mod but it's all thats in my budget right now.

• 4 weeks later...
Also is a 160 thermastat to low for the truck? thanks :confused:

Yeah in Ohio, the 160 would be to low I would think. especially winters?!? I also read somewhere that it reduced mileage by acouple MPG...

I have one in Iowa and I doubt it'll make much of a diff. in the winters. It'll run hotter than the * of your thermostat cause it only starts to open at 160*. Unlike the stock one which is what? 185*? Anyway, the thermostat starts to open at 160 and is fully opened by around 180-185 which is where your degrees should stick. If it was stock it starts opening at 185 and is fully opened by around... 200+. At least that's how I understood it.

Also is a 160 thermastat to low for the truck? thanks :confused:

Yeah in Ohio, the 160 would be to low I would think. especially winters?!? I also read somewhere that it reduced mileage by acouple MPG...

I have one in Iowa and I doubt it'll make much of a diff. in the winters. It'll run hotter than the * of your thermostat cause it only starts to open at 160*. Unlike the stock one which is what? 185*? Anyway, the thermostat starts to open at 160 and is fully opened by around 180-185 which is where your degrees should stick. If it was stock it starts opening at 185 and is fully opened by around... 200+. At least that's how I understood it.

Your correct ,Its gona run 180 ish unless you in the Frozen North ,dont worry about it run it.

Awesome....so can we have everyone nube who starts a thread on what "should I start with for mods", or "what is the best value for my money"....lol... etc.... be immediatly fowarded here... :D

Just gotta give the nubes a hard time... enjoy :chevy:

• 2 weeks later...
Awesome....so can we have everyone nube who starts a thread on what "should I start with for mods", or "what is the best value for my money"....lol... etc.... be immediatly fowarded here... :D 

Just gotta give the nubes a hard time... enjoy :chevy:

easy :chillpill: , just trying to gain a little knowledge, besides i already got hazed on the other post. :cheers:

Archived