Intercooler Heat Exchanger Upgrade

:D i liked these better :D

InterChiller_TB_1.jpg

I like those too, especially the "haulin' ass" thing they did on the website that sells them.

The problem with those is room. If you look at Dave's heat exchanger, he barely had the room to do what he did. I looked at getting those back when I had my Radix, but quickly found out that there just wasn't much room to mount that kind of setup.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never did add the pictures of the duct I put around the heat exchanger. This keeps the air flowing through the heat exchanger rather than around it as I drive. I used this stuff called Coroplast, kinda like cardboard, but made out of plastic.

HPIM1102.jpg

HPIM1096.jpg

HPIM1095.jpg

http://www.thecairns.com/SS/HPIM1099.jpg

that is one very impressive setup. what kind if IAT's do you see when driving around in the summer?

I don't know if it helps the IATs much, but it proably does under boost. And the larger exchanger cools things back down faster.

that look great! good job! how much did this whole thing cost you?

Sometimes it is better not to add up the receipts :D

• 7 months later...
what fans are those, and how did you attach them ,self tappers??

Wow, I think that data has been archived on tape...

If I recall correctly, those are Perma Cool fans.

The intercooler has a piece of C shaped sheet aluminum, top and bottom. I was careful to make sure there was not a core tube on the other side, and just drilled a pilot hole in the sheet metal and screwed the fans on. Since the fans are only held to the intercooler by two screws each, I attached the fans to each other in the center to keep them from flopping around.

You can see the screws going into the C shaped aluminum piece here.

HPIM0652.JPG

HPIM0648.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

well after looking at my ic, it has the bottom piece that is extenede about 2 inches past the ic, so im going to hae to fab a bracket of cut some of it out to make it fit, minealsodoes not have those brackets on top of it,

Archived