Ford HD wanted to play

ctrow

You can always try but more than likely they've modded their truck just as much as we have.

Besides they have all the low end grunt from the S/C to pull from a rolling start. Mine pulls fairly hard from 15-20 MPH but I still don't know if it'd be enough to take em.

May have to try it one day. I still think they have the advantage from a rolling start though.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i had to test drive the lightning so i drove on down to the f*&% dealer ship in my 1990 low rider built GMC and jumped in. The launch of the f*&% is to me kinda cute like a small child in her sunday dress. yes it will put you back in the seat when it kicks in but untill then you think you are driving a yugo so lets go get um remember the only two things that scar us are :confused:

i had to test drive the lightning so i drove on down to the f*&% dealer ship in my 1990 low rider built GMC and jumped in. The launch of the f*&% is to me kinda cute like a small child in her sunday dress. yes it will put you back in the seat when it kicks in but untill then you think you are driving a yugo so lets go get um remember the only two things that scar us are :confused:

:confused: is right.

i had to test drive the lightning so i drove on down to the f*&% dealer ship in my 1990 low rider built GMC and jumped in.  The launch of the f*&% is to me kinda cute like a small child in her sunday dress.  yes  it will put you back in the seat when it kicks in but untill then you think you are driving a yugo so lets go get um remember the only two things that scar us are :confused:

:confused: is right.

TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much to drink.......................maybe :confused:

Hmmmm, that is very interesting.

You are describing a centrifugal supercharged engine in a vehicle that runs a roots style. The Lightning runs 450 underrated torque (they typically dyno between 410-420rwtq). Boost comes on right off idle. This is why they are known to be streetlight terrors, and run 0-60 in 5.2 seconds. Yet you say they are slow off the line. Did you drive a Gen 1 by mistake??? Maybe it had regular gas in it??? Maybe you were sleep walking???

Sorry, I love the SS as much as anyone (due to the fact that I love all things performance)............ however, I think you need to take off the SS colored glasses for a moment. Or maybe put down the pipe??? :D

j/k of course. We are all allowed to our opinions. I have just rarely seen someone jump out of a low 15 second vehicle and into a low to mid 13 second vehicle and call it slow.

If I see you on the street someday........ or at the track......... maybe we can see how slow it really is. :)

PS. Ford is not a dirty word. Just like General Motors or Chevrolet isn't. I own both. Is the *&^% drama really necessary??? Geez, I just got a flashback that I was on LS1.com or FullSizeChevy.com.

i had to test drive the lightning so i drove on down to the f*&% dealer ship in my 1990 low rider built GMC and jumped in.  The launch of the f*&% is to me kinda cute like a small child in her sunday dress.  yes  it will put you back in the seat when it kicks in but untill then you think you are driving a yugo so lets go get um remember the only two things that scar us are :confused:

Hmmmm, that is very interesting.

You are describing a centrifugal supercharged engine in a vehicle that runs a roots style. The Lightning runs 450 underrated torque (they typically dyno between 410-420rwtq). Boost comes on right off idle. This is why they are known to be streetlight terrors, and run 0-60 in 5.2 seconds. Yet you say they are slow off the line. Did you drive a Gen 1 by mistake??? Maybe it had regular gas in it??? Maybe you were sleep walking???

Sorry, I love the SS as much as anyone (due to the fact that I love all things performance)............ however, I think you need to take off the SS colored glasses for a moment. Or maybe put down the pipe??? :D

j/k of course. We are all allowed to our opinions. I have just rarely seen someone jump out of a low 15 second vehicle and into a low to mid 13 second vehicle and call it slow.

If I see you on the street someday........ or at the track......... maybe we can see how slow it really is. :)

PS. Ford is not a dirty word. Just like General Motors or Chevrolet isn't. I own both. Is the *&^% drama really necessary??? Geez, I just got a flashback that I was on LS1.com or FullSizeChevy.com.

Question: If you despise the L so much, why did you "have" to test drive it? Someone hold a gun to your head?

My "little girl" in his Sunday dress is putting 380 - 390 to the wheels with less than 1k in mods. and with a proportional rise in TQ, (I don't have the dyno sheet in front of me, so I won't quote a number) which as we all know is what wins on the bottom end.

Oh, and BTW, L's produce more power as they break in. A new truck will gain considerable power until it has about 5k on the clock.

I agree with Extreme 4x4. This is the real world we're dealing with here. You have every right to whatever opinion you choose, but lets not go off the deep end.

The SS will do things my truck can't, my truck can do things the SS can't (without a LOT of mods).

As I have said before, the two trucks have little common ground for comparison as they are designed and built for very different purposes.

Enjoy the day...

PS. Ford is not a dirty word. Just like General Motors or Chevrolet isn't. I own both. Is the *&^% drama really necessary???

I agree, Gloria. :thumbs:

I know.......... doesn't that just drive you nuts???

I think that some people lead a pretty boring life, if they have to be SO brand biased that they have to treat another brand name as if it were a dirty word. Furd, Chebby, Dudge, or just the similar *&^%. If you want to see the extreme of this, go over to fullsizechevy.com and mention that you really like Lightnings. You will be treated like you just insulted someones mother........... or worse.

Some of those people just need to grow up and realize that other people like other things. This does not make them wrong, and it doesn't make you right. We all buy what we like (I hope), and like what we buy............ otherwise we were kinda dumb to buy it in the first place. This applies to people in forums of all makes.

As I have said many times, I like to frequent sites of all the domestic (even DCX's quasi domestic) manufacturers. I am a knowledge junkie. Some of that biased stuff just gets REAL old.

It's funny........... I have been to some sites that I just wanted to post "yes, I own a Lightning........... just shoot me !!!!" Followed by a smilee I have never seen......... one of the smiley face beating its head against a wall. :D

For Mr *&^%, the SS is a wonderful truck for what it is. The Lightning is a wonderful truck for what it is........... as is the HD F150. Can't we all just get along??? :cheers:

I have never driven a Lightning. I got the SS when I went to look at an LT. Drove the SS and I was Sold. Could of been the same way with the Lightning. Only no extended cab wich is a must for me. I bet they are fun though!

Never owned an L, but have test driven one, they are fun to drive, but settled on the SS for various reasons. Also have driven several SC HD's, they are also fun to drive, but settled on the SS :D

Archived