Ford HD wanted to play

ctrow

On the way to work I passed an HD on the highway. It was unintentional, I was just trying to get to work. Well he starts running on my tail quite a bit. We get off on the same ramp and go through the light. We're doing about 25 and he guns it. Had a nice exhaust sound and as FalconPilot said, "the whistle thing" sounded good!

One of those moments where I know I would have lost so no point even trying.

One of these days though, NOS. I'd love to line up with em' at a stop light and purge the nitrous from the cowl. Then smoke em' for all he's worth. :thumbs:

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw one of those HD's on the highway the otherday and blew by him in attempt to get him to punch it. But alas he was merging to the exit lane. I would've loved to see how my "whistle thingy" would stack up against his. I was going too put a cool Whipple sticker on the SS , but I think I could have more fun being a :sleep::devil:

crow,

You know the SS is just as fast as the Ford HD, there are even track numbers on this site to back it up. Motor Trend did rate the HD faster but in Car and Driver they are about the same. I raced one the other day from a stop light and he had nothin' on me, I actually creeped ahead of him a bit. Down here at see level the difference between a N/A vehicle and a supercharged vehicle is a lot less than it is at higher altitudes. Next time some chump in a "poor attempt at a supercharged truck" HD pulls up next to you, let him know what the SS means! :chevy:

Actually, the SS might have a better start due to the AWD, but the HD will pull an SS on the top end. Don't take them lightly. Take advantage of them in the summer heat while you can, because they will run differently in the cool winter temps. Cgar, dont believe everything you read in magazines.

BigTex,

Nobody ever said to take the Ford HD lightly... On the street most races are from 0 to 60mph, and in my experience I learned that the SS is more than a worthy competitor for the HD.

Cgar, dont believe everything you read in magazines.

Good point pin-head.

Good point pin-head.

Did you just call me a pin-head? Quite childish. Who was the one quoting Motor Trend and Car and Driver ratings? YOU. I made my statements on experience, something in which you apparently have none of (or manners for that fact). I can guarantee that I know more about these trucks than you'll ever will. Good day.

Hey big guy, just calm down and take your muscles off for a second. "Good point pin-head" is a way of saying that you have a good point but stating that what you said was very obvious. I didn't mean to pick a fight with you, but I felt like you were insulting my intelligence a bit when you said "don't believe everything you read". Now, as I see it, you took the first low blow and I seem to be the one apologizing.

I raced one the other day from a stop light and he had nothin' on me, I actually creeped ahead of him a bit.

That's a fact Jack!

I have matched up with a HD F150 from a stoplight merging onto the freeway. :cool: I was lucky enough to barley have a ¼ of gas so that helped a bit. And the only mod I have at this time is an Air Raid intake. So there we were both watching the yellow light change then the green (kind of felt like the tree at the strip) We both punched it and the SS took off, the HD spun the tires a bit so I pulled right away, was a good 3/4 truck length in front by the time we got to the stop light. After that it was a steady pull, VERY VERY SLOWLY did I pull away from the HD all the way to the speed governor on the SS, :sigh: then he just blew right by waving and giving a :thumbs: up. By the time I hit the speed governor I was a bout 2/12 truck lengths in front. Man that 108mph sure does come up quick. :eek: Well that was allot of fun I must say and I got a major adrenaline pump from it. :D

I have matched up with a HD F150 from a stoplight merging onto the freeway. :cool: I was lucky enough to barley have a ¼ of gas so that helped a bit. And the only mod I have at this time is an Air Raid intake. So there we were both watching the yellow light change then the green (kind of felt like the tree at the strip) We both punched it and the SS took off, the HD spun the tires a bit so I pulled right away, was a good 3/4 truck length in front by the time we got to the stop light. After that it was a steady pull, VERY VERY SLOWLY did I pull away from the HD all the way to the speed governor on the SS, :sigh: then he just blew right by waving and giving a :thumbs: up. By the time I hit the speed governor I was a bout 2/12 truck lengths in front. Man that 108mph sure does come up quick. :eek: Well that was allot of fun I must say and I got a major adrenaline pump from it. :D

:thumbs: Good Deal thanks for sharing, HD's can't take the SS lightly ;)

OK Calvin. Lets just call it a misunderstanding. I didn't mean to insult your intelligence. I cant count the times I've heard things, like " I read this..." or "I know a guy who..." or other nonsense from noobs. When you threw out the magazine articles, I mistakenly lumped your statement into that category. My bad.

I was just trying to say the HD isn't a slouch. I have seen a few HDs that run very strong. It really doesn't take much either. Basically a tune and a pulley with decent weather, and you have 13s. Do a little more, drop some weight, and add slicks - 12s. Basically bolt ons. All the while dcairns had to drop over $5k to break into the 13s in his SS.

I did see a stock 03 HD run the 1/8th mile last week. It was 2 tenths slower than me, but ran almost 2 mph faster. That means it had a slower start, but makes more power and is faster from a roll. It doesn't really matter as both our times sucked. Kinda like two turtles racing - no too exciting.

Thanks for the information BigTex. Keep us posted on some more HD times at the track because I know they have potential with all that factory Torque. :cheers:

Kinda like two turtles racing - not too exciting.
:D

Well, I guess I'll have to get up earlier to go to work now so I can 'play'.

Honestly when he gunned it, it wasn't the best spot to race. After what I've read maybe I could take em' though. After this weekend, it'll be Westers, electric fans, and modified air intake for mods.

Problem is I don't just want to pull ahead a little, I want to smoke his ass! I wish I was driving MN C5 truck this morning. That would have been fun.

BigTex, how much N2O before I have to worry about blowing out the bottom end. And on the subject, what would need to be upgraded, forged pistons, new rods, forged crank? You seem like you have worked with it before. I know the concept but never used it.

Archived