Kenne Bell vs Whipple

dcairns

I think the Whipple can get away with not having an intercooler better than a (non-intercooled) Magnacharger. But as you experienced, when the weather is hot, the additional heating from compression causes the performance of both to suffer. I think Whipple kind of painted themselves into a corner marketing wise, by touting the adiabatic efficiency of the screw type compressor and looking down the nose at others "lesser" superchargers that needed an intercooler to work. I think Whipple is finally admitting the problem by coming out with the intercooler.

We have had a couple of warm days here in SoCal, and I have noticed that after a couple of hard launches the performance is dropping off. Now I am thinking it would be cool to add some additional heat exchanger volume and cooling surface in the lower grill opening... and then some fans...and maybe a water mist system... and an ice maker.. or maybe a liquid nitrogen tank... :D (just kidding on the last 2 or 3) But I think I will add some gauges first, to see what the intercooler water temps are doing what I think they are doing.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

a couple warms days? god... it should be around 100 :sigh: today in vegas.... 106 :eek: by tues/wed... that is one reason im moving to cali.. cali... I'm goin' back to cali...

I don't think so.

anyone ever heard the version of that song (going back to cali by LLCoolJ) by sevendust, i think it |20Xx0rZ...

Intercoolers are amazing. I think we all will agree that you made the right choice :thumbs: Next time you should ice down your manifold and intake. This helped me in my mustang to gain .4 in the 1/4. If the line is long at the staging area...then forget it. :sick:

Archived