Kenne Bell vs Whipple

dcairns

Ok, here are the websites,

http://www.kennebell.net

http://www.whipplesuperchargers.com

Let's hear everyone's opinions on the two. They both use Twin Screw supercharger units.

Whipple uses an auxiliary computer and extra fuel injection sprayed in at the begining of the intake manifold.

Kenne Bell uses larger replacement fuel injectors and reprograms the existing ECM

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Come on guys, I was hoping for some discussion about the merits of each manufacturers aproach to the situation. :D

papi- I suppose any supercharger could damage an engine if it is over done or improperly setup. Whipple has an excellent reputation from what I have heard. I have heard a few grumbles about support, but the blower is great.

As for Magnacharger, that is a roots type blower that is inferior to a screw type blower in terms of efficency and output temps. Given that we are going to be supercharging a high compression engine, we need to keep the temps down as much as possible to avoid detonation. I am sure the Magnacharger is a good one, but the roots technology is getting old. Now that CNC machining can produce the screw type lobes and be competive on price with a roots type blower, the choice is not so difficult.

I have just heard that Kenne Bell sevice and support is horrible, but this is from the syclone/typhoon community. If you have a ford, maybe they are more willing to help.

Whipple is probably has more units in vehicles than Kenne Bell and I have only heard a couple of compaints. One bad thing for you in California, I have heard that they(whipples) don't perform quite as well in high temp/humid areas. Wish they were including an intercooler like they are for the 8.1 L engine. A slight shot (75 lbs) of Nitrous might really help that though.

• 4 months later...

Archived