E Fan Programming

Cadstar

I am thinking about getting in on the deal on efans going on right now from CAMMIN03 but I'm wondering how easy it will be to turn them on. I have been playing with the demo version of EFILive and a sample stock '03 .tun file. It certainly looks easy to do with that software but I can't afford the price tag on it just yet. The $240 deal on brand new efans I can pull off right now so I think I should get them while the price lasts.

I worked as a Cadillac tech at the local GM "automall" and still am buddies with a couple techs there. Does anyone know if the tech2 has the capability to turn on the fans and set turn on/turn off temps like EFILive can do? I can probably get this done for free. I have a custom tune coming from Wait4me right now and it would really suck to have to send it out for reprogramming right after I get it. Been going nuts waiting for it now. :sigh:

I used the tech2 for a couple months after it first came out, but just about that time I got sick of turning wrenches for a living and left the business for good. I read and cleared codes and watched live data but never modified anything. not sure is it can do that.

:chevy:

The only why you could get the tech2 to program e-fans for a conversion from a mechanical one is if GM did a calibration sent it to the dealer and gives you a VIC# to reflash the pcm, and i don't think they are going to do that. If you evr swapped gears in a GM truck 96/up you must call GM techline and get new calibration for it, this would be the samething.

Archived