Volant Tube

Cadstar

Does the ram tube from Volant come with some kind of a block-off plate or something to cover the open end of the box? I have seen talk of others with the home made tube taping off the box and wondered if Volant has a provision for this. Also would like to know if Volant redesigned the tube when they did the box. I've searched the forums and haven't found the answer to this yet.

Thanks

:chevy:

there are two "holes" in the volant box...one for the tube (which is optional) and one for the stock air inlet (inside the passenger side fender well).....if you are talking about the optional "ram air" tube, from what i understand, they do not have a cover (for leaves, road crap or water).....hope this helps... :crazy:

Sorry, I thought I had worded that clear enough :crazy:

Reading through the older posts on this site about people building home made ram air tubes, I see mention of using duct tape to close off the big open side of the box (leading to the fenderwell) leaving only the hole in the bottom as the only air inlet on the box (via the ram air tube). So I was wondering if Volant had some kind of cover for the fender well opening that you got when you ordered the optional tube. Sounds like you guys are saying no.

So the optional ram air tube is NOT the only air inlet, it simply adds positive pressure to the box at speed if I understand correctly. What I was trying to decide is if I should cover that fenderwell opening or not. Wonder why people were/are covering that fenderwell side of the box if Volant wasn't doing it themselves??

Also wondering if Volant redesigned the optional tube when they redid the box. Does it still put a twist on your fromt bumper cover or did they fix that??

:chevy:

my understanding of the ram air tube (and correct me someone if i'm wrong) is ONLY to force colder air into the air box when you are at highway speeds....the tube does nothing for you when you are at a stop light or driving slowly in traffic..so the additional hole in the box is necessary to increase airflow when you are not driving on the highway. If people were (or are) covering the holes, they're foolish....it's like taping a pillow over your face and then trying to run a marathon :banghead::jester:

Archived