Rocker Arms?

I just read this in Truck Trend Magazine, SLP has a rocker arm upgrade for the Gen III Chev's (4.8,5.3,& 6.0). It increases rocker arm length from 1.7:1 to 1.85:1 advertising 10% more lift and 18HP. Any thought's on this mod? Here is the site. this is only one of the three kits. :D:chevy:

SLP Rocker Arms

Rocker arms are a god way to attain more lift, and a little more power. You will need to upgrade you springs to use them. But, for the same money, you can have a custom camshaft ground that will have more lift, and make more power than rockers alone. You'll need new springs with a cam too. For a little more effort, swapping the cam would be the better option of the two. But, if you are scared to swap a cam, rockers are a good alternative.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

A cam swap will usually show you more of a gain but if you don't want to go inside the motor the rocker arm upgrade is a good bolt-on. A different magazine saw about 18-20hp by using these on a C5. As noted a spring upgraded is required. I'd say the most popular package has been the one that includes the rockers, SLP springs, titanium retainers and keepers.

Tom

I just read this in Truck Trend Magazine, SLP has a rocker arm upgrade for the Gen III Chev's (4.8,5.3,& 6.0). It increases rocker arm length from 1.7:1 to 1.85:1 advertising 10% more lift and 18HP. Any thought's on this mod? Here is the site. this is only one of the three kits. :D:chevy:

SLP Rocker Arms

I think the cam is the better avenue. I have always been a little timid about getting inside the engine mostly because of my ignorance of the whole process. But, after reading about it on LS1howto.com, and with the advice/help from BigTex/MN C5, I am set to do a swap this weekend and am pretty confident that I know what to do. We'll see.

You may already know how to do all of that. Me, well, I've always been the bolt-on king. The cost will nearly be the same and you can get even more power depending on which cam you go with. There are many companies that make a cam for our truck.

Archived