Exhaust

Firered

I have the Magnaflow....My friend just put the Corsa on his 5.3 Silvy

Gotta say, the Magnaflows sound MUCH better !

Yah, ive been leanin towards the magnaflow duals, only thing tho, what size are the pipes in the back? I wanted to get some 4" bastards back there :devil: , but not sure if they make 'em that big. :dunno:

I just had my Magnaflow single outlet cat back installed this morning. I like it alot, the sound is really deep, but it is pretty quiet, even at wot. I'm VERY VERY VERY impressed with the fit and finish on this cat back. It went on in less than 15min's after the old one was out and fit like a glove. The muffler is stainless polished and the tip is sweet. Kinda like the escalade tips, only bigger. Deffanatley worth the money, like i said though, it is pretty quiet, but a very deep rumble.

also, forgot to mention, the whole system is 3" stainless (dual in/single out muffler, with 4" tip). also, at highway speeds, no interior drone at all. actually, you really can't even hear the exhaust period.

• 2 weeks later...
also, forgot to mention, the whole system is 3" stainless (dual in/single out muffler, with 4" tip).  also, at highway speeds, no interior drone at all.  actually, you really can't even hear the exhaust period.

That sounds pretty nice, but when you said you cant even hear the exhaust period, that kinda scared me. :eek: I wanted a deep ass rumble that sounded badass outside as well as a little rumble inside. Would magnaflow still be the way to go? :dupe:

i know just what you want.......... 25" (28" overall) dual in dual out muffler...... just replace the stock w/ this and i PROMISE you WILL be happy... i just did this two weeks ago and love it...... deep deep sound at idle, good note at axcelleration, loud at wot..... a little noise in the cab, but my wife hasnt noticed yet if that tells you anything :D

• 2 weeks later...

I own the Magnaflow dual rear exit for an 03 silverado and absolutly love it.In fact when I bought it I couldn't help but listen to the exhaust versus the radio. The Magnaflow is stainless steel like the Corsa and Billy Boat, I looked at them all before i made my purchase, and its just a hell of alot cheaper. I would go with the Magnaflow hands down.

• 3 weeks later...

I just installed the magnaflow 15840 on my 05 SS and i have to admit it sounds much better than my 03 ss with the corsa,you really get a lot of SS exhaust for your money it looks!..(499.00 on e-bay) ..i read someplace that it took someone 15mins to install.. maybe that person had help..LOL..! it took me a lil over 2 hrs to do this myself,the hardest part was trying to raise the rear of the truck to remove the factory exhaust over the axle,i just didnt have a jack that would go high enough so i used blocks and raised the rear of the truck using the trailering mount,I remembered this from my 03 ss installing the corsa,but for sure it sounds nice and deep..I will try and post pics tomorrow..

wiseguy

I just installed the magnaflow 15840 on my 05 SS and i have to admit it sounds much better than my 03 ss with the corsa,you really get a lot of SS exhaust for your money it looks!..(499.00 on e-bay) ..i read someplace that it took someone 15mins to install.. maybe that person had help..LOL..! it took me a lil over 2 hrs to do this myself,the hardest part was trying to raise the rear of the truck to remove the factory exhaust over the axle,i just didnt have a jack that would go high enough so i used blocks and raised the rear of the truck using the trailering mount,I remembered this from my 03 ss installing the corsa,but for sure it sounds nice and deep..I will try and post pics tomorrow..

wiseguy

Sounds nice. Looks like Im a go head and go with the magnaflow duals. Try postin a pic tho wiseguy, just wanna see how it looks in the back while im waitin for mine to come in. :chevy:

• 2 weeks later...
im trying to post some pics of this exhaust installed,but my file is too large,i cant turn the res down lower than 1280x1024 to post.. humm..

terry

I had that system on my GMC.

Its not the same stainless as BB and Corsa.

Magnaflow is great fitment but there cheaper because the lower grade stainless they use.

Were I live they dump slat on the roads in the winter and it destoys exhausts.

I have a BBtriflo system on my other truck and its looks alot better than the magnaflows.

There both great systems but magnaflows piping isn't 304 stainles.

Neither are there clamps they supplied with the kit.

You can't go wrong with the system though. It fit and sounded awesome.

750162_59_full.jpg

509026_106_full.jpg

509026_105_full.jpg

interesting,but the pic you have does not look like the same system I got from them for the 05 SS i have now,I live in wisconsin so time will tell..:)

I guess I will have to take pics under at the end of the year,I had corsa on my 03 SS for 1 winter and it looked liked the pics you are showing from under.. so I am confused about stainless steel quality.. oh well time will tell i guess.

how ever..I didnt like the large round exit pipes that it (magnaflow dual out rear)came with so I changed them to 8"x 2.5 " rectangular ones..looks much better i think and dropped in cab res noise a bit also.I have some audio test equipment that i use in our auditoriums on campus that i am going to use to measure in cab res and level in my truck..i hope to try this soon...if anyone is interested...:)

im trying to post some pics of this exhaust installed,but my file is too large,i cant turn the res down lower than 1280x1024 to post.. humm..

terry

I had that system on my GMC.

Its not the same stainless as BB and Corsa.

Magnaflow is great fitment but there cheaper because the lower grade stainless they use.

Were I live they dump slat on the roads in the winter and it destoys exhausts.

I have a BBtriflo system on my other truck and its looks alot better than the magnaflows.

There both great systems but magnaflows piping isn't 304 stainles.

Neither are there clamps they supplied with the kit.

You can't go wrong with the system though. It fit and sounded awesome.

750162_59_full.jpg

509026_106_full.jpg

509026_105_full.jpg

Archived