Honest Lee's Paint and Body Shop

Lee

I almost hate to tell you Lee, but the grill and surrounding stuff "pops" right off

NOOOOW he tells me. I think you just wanted to see me sweat, Dave. :D

since I see how Great Lee's SS looks

Thanks Michael :thumbs:

I just found the way it comes off this weekend, while working on the heat exchanger. Talk about sweating!!!! :crazy: It was hot and humid and I was working in the driveway, with no shade (except when I was crawling under the truck.

I needed access to put my bolts in and discovered how easy it is to take apart. For anyone else wanting to paint their grill, you just need to pop out the plastic "rivets" like things on the black plastic that covers the area between the grill and radiator. Then the whole grill assembly just pulls forward. There are six spring clips that have to pop, but it comes out easy when you do it one at a time.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dave,

How true, how true. ;)

Brad,

I'll bet that looks good black. :thumbs: The more I see mine the more I like it. Black just works in the opening (and I painted the air intakes black, too so it all ties in together).

Don't have my bowtie back yet, ultimate. They were doing it in their spare time and evidently they got busy on jobs that actually pay the bills. My bad luck, huh?

Thanks Lee that is really great. :cheers::cool: I like the blackout and the bowtie looks great. I've got to pull my grills, bowtie and air inlet and bring them into work, I've got a guy here that will paint. It's good to be maintenance in a paintshop around all these painters.

What you did looks awsome.

Thanks, Tim. I really appreciate that.

It's good to be maintenance in a paintshop around all these painters

I'll bet that's handy, Ken. What a great chance to get some free, or at the very least inexpensive custom paint work. A red border around a black bowtie would look OUTSTANDING! :thumbs:

Just more idea's to get me into trouble with the wife.

:D Boy do I understand that, 56. :crazy:

Lee.................

That Red SS is awesome. The last time I was in Cave Creek/New River & Phoenix I though my C5 Vette was going to melt....... I love the Silverado SS ride but didn't move on the '03 becuase the front end and stance just didn't look right..... But, you have sure improved that. AND, your wheels are the best. My '00 Harley F-150 doesn't even come close to the SS ride and performance. I even like it better than the Lightning. I sure want one but have to get off my '03 Cobra first, second my HD F-150 and third my old faithful '89 Silverado Brandywine Sportside 1500 4x4........No room to park anymore and that doesn't even count my wife's 2 rigs. I think I saw your SS on the web way back - months ago - when I first started looking/driving the SS (the first one to arrive in the area). Your mods got me looking at the Red for the first time. Are you still planning a supercharger mod? I like the SS the way it is simply because I can't keep my foot out of the supercharged Cobra. It is addictive and way too much temptation to crank up that "jet" sound.......and, with the Basani x & cat back the whole area knows it when I get on it...... The same reason I don't want a new Harley F-150. The Silverado SS is so responsive as is and I could care less about the drags......... You sure must be proud of that beautiful SS............

Take Care.....

Gene -- Pacific NW -- Sounders/Mariners/Seahawks country.....

Archived