Honest Lee's Paint and Body Shop

Lee

Here’s the pre-primer and primer stages of making the grill and air intakes semi-gloss black. I have my own paint baking oven on property - it’s called Arizona summer. :D That’s where the primer stage was during photography. I took the final picture with all the masking off the truck but it looks the same as the Photoshop mockup so I’m going to save ISP space and use that photo (as I’ve almost used up my allotted 10MB).

Anyway, the grill is not a huge change as it was dark grey before but the black grill with the air intakes black too really looks good in person. It was worth the effort. Next the bowtie. I wish I could do that myself. I'm afraid someone is going to hammer me for such a small paint job. :cry:

Preprimer.JPG

Primer.JPG

Bowtie.jpg

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lee, good job with the blackout treatment. Your truck not only looks "cleaner", it also makes your truck uniquely yours. I would be able to help you out with the bowtie, I work in a bodyshop in Fountain Hills. Would be nice to help someone from my favorite forum.

blackhawk,

That's what I usually do too - take the easy way but this week has been slow business wise and I was BORED. :D I'm a type A personality and can NOT sit still so the grill project gave me something to do this afternoon.

Ben,

Yeah, dude, "Honest Lee's Paint Emporium" Whadda think, son? Maybe another business venture? Want a job at Honest Lee's? I'll send you an application. :P

tg,

You just brought tears to my eyes. The only folks I could think of to do that small paint job was Dino's (the guys who painted my scooter). They do fantastic work but are very expensive and I just did not want to drop tons of $$ in that silly bowtie. I really appreciate your offer and will take you up on it. We can exchange emails about the details. Thanks again. :thumbs:

Ken,

I think it would look stunning on a black vehicle. Esp. if you do the black bowtie with a red border. :flag:

Ben,

Yeah, dude, "Honest Lee's Paint Emporium" Whadda think, son? Maybe another business venture? Want a job at Honest Lee's? I'll send you an application.

Send me an app. I need to make some more money so I don't deplete my kid's college fund to buy a s-chgr. :sick: How many jobs would I need to do to get me there? 3-4, 5 tops? :jester: I could run your gulf coast business branch? :D

Let me know. We need to work on that name, though.

Let me know. We need to work on that name, though.

Ben,

You franchise guys are so hard to please. :wtf: You gotta admit, though, it's better than Earl Schieb (sp?). :D

Ultimate,

It really does look just like the Photoshop picture. Let's wait until I get the bowtie done and I'll post a different picture.

Lee: :thumbs:

Yeah, I know what you mean about being board. I find myself drivin’ around town when board and end up racing the :puke: R-types, Dang Honda’s…

tg18:

Hello! :thumbs: I think I’ll take you up on the bow tie paint job along with Lee as well, I live in Tempe…I’ll drop you an E-mail. :cool:

I looked at your profile, do you have an SS as well, if so what flavor?

blackhawk,

We sound like one of those twins "separated at birth." . I've been known to take a few drives just for the hell of it myself when I 'm bored and have no projects. :D

Maybe we can coordinate our bowtie painting with tg18 so they can do them at the same time. That would help save some $$ as the painters don't have to do the prep and cleanup twice. :thumbs:

We sound like one of those twins "separated at birth."

Were you been bro? I have been thinkin’ all these years that I was a milkman boy!! :D

I dropped tg18 an E-mail and suggested a couple other Arizonians as well, could be a great way to all get together; I’ll get the first round… :thumbs:

Hello again guys. Blackhawk, I got your e-mail and that sounds like a plan to me. BTW Lee I sent you an e-mail last night, but just got a message from the board that they were unable to send it to you? It happens I guess. Oh yeah, Blackhawk I am waiting (salivating) for the hopefully soon to be produced reg cab SS. Right now I drive an 03 avalanche, without all the gray plastic. Let's try to work it out so we can meet up. That would be cool. Except for the 114 degrees that is!

Archived