Drove a Magnacharged equipped SS

I live a couple miles from ASM, I am not going to wait the whole time, after i test drive the supercharged SS they have there and get my hands out of my pockets to see just how deep they are to do a SC for my truck. :uhoh: I’ll probably go home and pace back and forth till I can go pick it up. :cool: Or hang around and talk to a guy i know with a red SS... :D

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well Lee :seeya: and I showed up at ASM on Thursday and we both test-drove the supercharged blue SS they have there. :thumbs: It was 9a.m. and the roads were crowded with rush hour traffic so I didn’t get to punch it for very long, :sigh: but I did a couple of times. :D

The SS had the Magnacharger, ASM headers, Magnaflow muffler (sounds allot like the 50 series flowmaster :cool: ) and a superchips tuner chip.

The first thing I noticed was the noticeable shift firmness, feels allot better than stock. The second thing I noticed was the whistle under the hood, :thumbs: it’s actually pretty loud, :eek: but sounds really :cool: . The gain in HP is VERY noticeable and the SS pulls off the line really well. I noticed that with the supercharger the SS pulls at a very constant rate and doesn’t have that 3rd gear lag like the stock SS does.

So in all honesty I was fairly impressed with the power gain from the supercharger but unless I was a speed racer and flooring it all the time everywhere, I don’t think spending the money on the SC is worth it for me personally. Don’t get me wrong the SC makes the SS ALLOT faster and it pulls ALLOT harder, so if you have the money to SC go for it! :thumbs: ... :flag:

So in all honesty I was fairly impressed with the power gain from the supercharger but unless I was a speed racer and flooring it all the time everywhere, I don’t think spending the money on the SC is worth it for me personally.

Just call me "Speed" :jester:

I just wanted to clarify for everyone about the SS truck that flyingturbo drove.  The truck was supercharged to be a demo vehicle for Chapman Chevrolet and Arizona Speed and Marine.  It is not a customers vehicle at this point and was supercharged to help potential customers make a decision about the performance package that Chapman has to offer.  Chapman has several trucks that are supercharged for test drives.  If anyone is interested, feel free to contact me or Nick Bruce @ Chapman Chevrolet for a test drive.  I think its a great idea for Chapman to offer these vehicles for demonstration.  You can check out Chapman's website at www.chapmansupertrucks.com

Thanks for the back, Ben!

Archived