Wanted: Magnacharger Info

I am trying to con my dad into giving up 5K for a Magnacharger, but it is going to be tough... Does anyone have information on the warranty? What does it cover? Also, is there ANY benefit of the thing beside performance? I know its silly to be buying a supercharger for any other reason, but i need more ammo for the "persuasion"...

The optional 3 year/36,000 mile drive train warranty is not really all that good. What the large print giveth, the small print taketh away... It does offer some peace of mind though. It requires that you use a "certified mechanic" to do the install, no DIY jobs. The warranty is voided by adding other modifications like headers or not changing your oil every 3000 miles or drag racing, to name a few. I have even heard that they disallow claims for reasons not stated in the warranty, like not having purchased the supercharger through an authorized dealer.

That being said, I talked to an installer that does installations of Whipples and Magnachargers, and he said he had a few Whipples come back with problems (usually user abuse), but not one Magnacharger.

Good excuses:

Supercharging is great when you are driving in the mountains. You experience a loss of power with a NA engine, but a supercharged engine retains most of it's power. I only lost 1.5 lbs of boost at 10,000 feet.

Great for towing

Still retains good mpg if you keep your foot out of it. (have yet to meet anyone who can keep their foot out of it, though).

Chicks dig guys with supercharged trucks :D well, maybe I just made that one up... :D

Chicks dig guys with supercharged trucks :D

Ok, i bet your wife doesn't know you just posted that!!! If she found out the reason you got your supercharger was just that.....you might not be driving an SS much longer! :jester:

Justin :chevy:

dcairns,

I am wondering if you were worried at all about your tranny with the SC? I would like to get one but what is stopping me is creating an avalanche of other mods just to support this one.

Also, it would be for fun and showing off, no dragging or track use.

I am trying to con my dad into giving up 5K for a Magnacharger, but it is going to be tough... Does anyone have information on the warranty? What does it cover? Also, is there ANY benefit of the thing beside performance? I know its silly to be buying a supercharger for any other reason, but i need more ammo for the "persuasion"...

You might tell him that research has shown a direct correlation between supercharger ownership and the future tender care of one's senior citizen parents.

By the way, you're on your own if you try this argument.

You might tell him that research has shown a direct correlation between supercharger ownership and the future tender care of one's senior citizen parents.

Hell yeah! :jester:

I doubt i will get it anytime soon. The truck is mine in a year and depending on how much scholarship money i get, i could get between 1500 and 3000 bucks. i think i will stick with all the bolt ons i can have, and then when i get out of school try to turn it into a rod (Maybe a lingenfelter 427TT). Oh well. The SS is still enough to get me into trouble. :devil:

Archived