This is kind of crazy, the coupling WILL be damaged if the front shaft is disconnected, ask any chevy garage, or reputable driveline shop, heck, just read the owners manual.

Second, Truckin05 stated that he removed his, but wouldn't drive it hard, or "light 'em up", and that was the whole reason for the post. He wanted to know how he could burn off all four of his tires, or yank the front shaft and roast the rears! So what's the point of pulling the front shaft if you're not going to drive it hard anyway? I think alzheimers is setting in a little early guys!

It never ceases to amaze me, people forget what they just wrote in the post, then contradict themselves.

Kids will be kids ! :nonod:

I could care less if my tires ever spin, in fact I prefer it that way... they won't last long enough without burning them off in my opinion. I figure that if he wants to burn up his tires and ruin his SS in the process, that's his right, and problem!

I digress...

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who damaged there SS during a dyno. Ive been thinking about going out to Bryans to get a dyno tune. He has told me he's done them and not hurt anything. If someone has damaged theres please speak up so I don't do this.

I know Jeff (GEAR M UP... rest in peace) destroyed his doing the dyno runs on his truck. I don't think it matters that he had that 427 b/c it was disconnected on the runs.

I can't remember the other one... but someone w/ pretty light mods reported having to take the truck into for a replacement after just 2-3 runs.

I didn't think Jeff hurt his I remember he got the parts just in case something happened but didn't need them but I could be wrong.

:withstupid:

I know Jeff had a tranny blowout on the dyno, but nothing happened to his driveline pieces from removing the shaft that I remember. You could always call Speed Inc. to be sure.

Also, I can only recall one member having problems from keeping his front driveshaft disconnected, but he wanted to do burnouts so it was expected. Maybe I missed it? Not debating with you - just can't remember anything like that. I'm considering doing it myself - so I would like to know if anyone had any problems from a few dyno runs.

truckin05 - what was the reason again you removed the front driveshaft? I guess in all the responses I have missed what you gained from doing it, or at least I can't remember what you said you gained from it. If there is no gain, why do it? 1-2mpg would not be worth it. In fact, if owners are worried about 1-2mpg, sell the truck. I would like better mpg, but not at the risk of a $1k+ part.

:confused::banghead:

holy crap guys1 sorry about the can o worms i opened up on this one!!!!

i was told by someone that the SSR's had a button to shut of the AWD, at least the old 5.3's. i was just courious if it could happen w/ our trucks!!!??!??!!!??!!??! again didn't mean to start an argument im simply a courious person. :cheers:

:confused:  :banghead:

holy crap guys1 sorry about the can o worms i opened up on this one!!!!

i was told by someone that the SSR's had a button to shut of the AWD, at least the old 5.3's. i was just courious if it could happen w/ our trucks!!!??!??!!!??!!??! again didn't mean to start an argument im simply a courious person. :cheers:

I don't think SSR's are even available in an AWD... are they :confused:

Who damaged there SS during a dyno. Ive been thinking about going out to Bryans to get a dyno tune. He has told me he's done them and not hurt anything. If someone has damaged theres please speak up so I don't do this.

He told me the same thing, but I am still leary about doing it. May just have him do a "road-test" tune. :dunno:

I've done a bunch of SS trucks on the dyno making anywhere from 300 RWHP to 480 RWHP with no issues including my personal truck by pulling the drive shaft.

Archived