• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm sick of trying to force people to submit video for it so I have given up. The first video was like pulling teeth to get good video footage and now for the second one all I get is promises from everyone that they'll send me some, but it never happens. I feel bad for the people (very few) that took time to get video together. There just isn't enough to work with and I'm sick of begging people to send me video so I can produce another one for free.  :mad:

Alright folks.. Time to cough up some more videos!!!

Any chance we can get Stexx to give his vids up? :sigh::jester:

There is one way to shut off the AWD in the 05 SS. I called Hughes Performance Transmissions and asked them if the front drive shaft could be dissconnected. They said that it could be and that everything would still lube up fine and work properly. Only thing they said was that if you drove it hard that the rear end may not hold up as long. Instead of 68% going to the rear wheels you now have 99-100% going to the rear wheels. Instead of the usual 68/38. I have tried it and for the last 3500 miles there has not been one problem or noise or anything for that matter. However, I don't drive it hard or "Lite Them Up". Hope this helps.  :thumbs:

Truckin05 :driving:

Actually thats not true. People who have disconnected the front shafts just for a couple of dyno runs have destroyed the viscous coupling. So... in all actuallity you can't just disconnect the front shaft... it'll ruin the truck. If it can't hold up to a couple of dyno passes I'm really sure its not gonna like being driven on the street for any period of time.

Well, I have done it myself and like I said I called Hughes Performance Transmissions and they said it would work also. If you are in doubt just give them a call and they will explain why it WILL WORK! :wtf: If you need the number just holler!

There is one way to shut off the AWD in the 05 SS. I called Hughes Performance Transmissions and asked them if the front drive shaft could be dissconnected. They said that it could be and that everything would still lube up fine and work properly. Only thing they said was that if you drove it hard that the rear end may not hold up as long. Instead of 68% going to the rear wheels you now have 99-100% going to the rear wheels. Instead of the usual 68/38. I have tried it and for the last 3500 miles there has not been one problem or noise or anything for that matter. However, I don't drive it hard or "Lite Them Up". Hope this helps.  :thumbs:

Truckin05 :driving:

Actually thats not true. People who have disconnected the front shafts just for a couple of dyno runs have destroyed the viscous coupling. So... in all actuallity you can't just disconnect the front shaft... it'll ruin the truck. If it can't hold up to a couple of dyno passes I'm really sure its not gonna like being driven on the street for any period of time.

Well, I have done it myself and like I said I called Hughes Performance Transmissions and they said it would work also. If you are in doubt just give them a call and they will explain why it WILL WORK! :wtf:  If you need the number just holler!

You've done it yourself? :wtf:

how many miles have you put on your disconnected front shaft? any proof other than "some tranny shop told me so"?

BTW: it wouldn't be the first shop to be completely wrong/misinformed about the SS... so before you call me out I suggest you provide some technical explination of how this works... n00b's aren't given much credit around here... especially when quoting "someone told me" mechanics. :smash:

Well, I have put about 3600 miles on my truck since I disconnected the drive shaft. Nothing to techincal about it just take the bolts out and pull out the shaft and wow your done! :wtf: Noob's I think might still know a thing or two. :wtf: I did not just ask one mechanic shop no sir, I ask several performance transmission shops as well as an old friend who works at the dealer ship I bought the truck from.(Bill Clark Chevrolet). But like I said I don't drive it hard and they warned against doing burn outs all the time. :smash::smash:

Well, I have done it myself and like I said I called Hughes Performance Transmissions and they said it would work also. If you are in doubt just give them a call and they will explain why it WILL WORK! :wtf:  If you need the number just holler!

You've done it yourself? :wtf:

how many miles have you put on your disconnected front shaft? any proof other than "some tranny shop told me so"?

BTW: it wouldn't be the first shop to be completely wrong/misinformed about the SS... so before you call me out I suggest you provide some technical explination of how this works... n00b's aren't given much credit around here... especially when quoting "someone told me" mechanics. :smash:

I'm telling you guys... I've been on this site for a long time now... people who have disconnected it for a dyno pull or two have had issues. I'm not making this up... the guys who have been around the site long enough will back me up on this.

I'm telling you guys... I've been on this site for a long time now... people who have disconnected it for a dyno pull or two have had issues. I'm not making this up... the guys who have been around the site long enough will back me up on this.

Yeah I have read a lot of nasty stuff this is fishy :dunno: info

:withstupid: The perils of running the NVG149 on only one driveshaft have been discussed in depth here before; it's a good way to junk a $1000 part. I am not disagreeing with the success truckin05 has had, just reinforcing what DVK has said, that being this transfer case has NO tolerance for overheating from running on one output shaft. I personally might limp the truck off the road at 10mph on one shaft in extreme emergency but anything more than that cannot be good for it. Other members have lost their transfer cases as quick as a few dyno pulls...

Mr. P.

Archived