• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey DVK - whose red SS is that in the parting shot of the video, I was wondering what kind of exhaust that was...

Mr. P. :)

mine actually. :thumbs:

that setup is now on Cody's truck since I swapped and gave it to him. At that point I had dual 50 series flowmasters (single in single out) into a Y pipe and out the stock location. Now I'm running dual 40's (still single in single out) and dumped under the bed... no crossover or Y pipe... it sounded good w/ the 50's, but I like the 40's better.

Dylan.. ever thought about getting an H or X pipe on yours? I have the same setup, and sometimes that resonance kills me.. :banghead:

Oh, and that video gets cooler and cooler everytime I watch it.. GREAT JOB.. :thumbs::) When is the SSS Video II coming??

so i will never be able to light 'em up?

sure... with a built tranny and some big HP adders you can smoke all 4 :devil:

SS.com video part I

Watch the video above... a little ways in mwalls spins all 4 and blows off some smoke. :driving:

nice i see ryan's dad is still hosting even though he fired him :lol:

Dylan..  ever thought about getting an H or X pipe on yours?  I have the same setup, and sometimes that resonance kills me..  :banghead:

Before I had the dumps I had thought about it... but since I had the tips dumped the resonance isn't that bad.

Oh, and that video gets cooler and cooler everytime I watch it.. GREAT JOB..  :thumbs:  :) When is the SSS Video II coming??

I'm sick of trying to force people to submit video for it so I have given up. The first video was like pulling teeth to get good video footage and now for the second one all I get is promises from everyone that they'll send me some, but it never happens. I feel bad for the people (very few) that took time to get video together. There just isn't enough to work with and I'm sick of begging people to send me video so I can produce another one for free. :mad:

nice i see ryan's dad is still hosting even though he fired him :lol:

:crackup: I thought the same thing... kinda amazed the link still worked. :troll:

There is one way to shut off the AWD in the 05 SS. I called Hughes Performance Transmissions and asked them if the front drive shaft could be dissconnected. They said that it could be and that everything would still lube up fine and work properly. Only thing they said was that if you drove it hard that the rear end may not hold up as long. Instead of 68% going to the rear wheels you now have 99-100% going to the rear wheels. Instead of the usual 68/38. I have tried it and for the last 3500 miles there has not been one problem or noise or anything for that matter. However, I don't drive it hard or "Lite Them Up". Hope this helps. :thumbs:

Truckin05 :driving:

any way to shut off the AWD in the 05's

Archived