4L80e + NVG149 Kit for Silverado SS's

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats a tuff one since you don't have a way to do it yourself. I would say ask around and see if someone local to you has tuning softwear and is willing to download your tune and take a look at it. The worst part is you no longer have a way to go back to a stock tune in this situation so I would say drive it easy till you decide what to do.

The trans temp stays at about 130 and 150 driving around in traffic. It has a B&M trans cooler own it. I dont know who tuned it. It came out of Dallas. Do u think that the guy at Wait For Me tune would maybe trade out the software? U know let him have my LS1 edit for his, maybe. Are u sure there is nothing I can do with my Dominator scanner? I also have access to a GM Tech 2. Sorry if I made anyone mad last night, but I was just tring to get my point across. This thing sure does rev out 1st and then shifts real hard. I need to get this handled before it kills another transmission. Thanks for the help, Ross. :driving:

The trans temp stays at about 130 and 150 driving around in traffic. It has a B&M trans cooler own it. I dont know who tuned it. It came out of Dallas. Do u think that the guy at Wait For Me tune would maybe trade out the software? U know let him have my LS1 edit for his, maybe. Are u sure there is nothing I can do with my Dominator scanner? I also have access to a GM Tech 2. Sorry if I made anyone mad last night, but I was just tring to get my point across. This thing sure does rev out 1st and then shifts real hard. I need to get this handled before it kills another transmission. Thanks for the help, Ross. :driving:

Dude, if you have LS1edit, you can tune it yourself!! LS1edit is what we all used before HPtuner and FLashscan, but they all do the same thing. Do you know what has physically been done to the transmission, like shift kit, servos, etc..?

Alright sounds good. How do I change the tune? The trans is a Rock-On Transmision, street, strip model. It has all the good stuff in it. If you go to his web site it tells everything in it. There is a link on LS1 Tech.com. All I need now is for u to tell me how to tune it and that will be great. Thanks for the help.

LS1edit is a computer program. It would help if you would just give all of your info. You seem to offer in such little pieces. At this point it may be better to start another thread as this is way off topic and by time it gets finished, may go another 20-30 posts.

Do that and people will pipe in to help. Be ready to give key info like is the program loaded on a laptop, can you open it, do you have all the cables needed, and so on, and so on.

Isn't it sad how W2W hasn't posted anything about how they did it, in what, a year now?

:withstupid:

You would think they would want to make some $ off of it. :dunno:

They're willing to do the swap if you bring them the truck.

So they will for sure do the swap if you bring them your truck? Or is this an assumption?

My truck has the 80E in it.

It has a stock production adapter between the tc and trans.

The part that adapts the trans to the tc in my truck is not available to buy, that is not in our control.

The flywheel and hub adapter are GM parts.

It can be made to work with a special input shaft turned down and re-splined(we don't do this, but it can be purchased).

The crossmember is easy to modify, if you send me yours I will add the bracket for under 100.00 dollars.

The cal was hard for us to do, but we can sell you a cal that will drive.

If you order 100 parts, I can try to get them made, but that may not be enough parts to get a reasonable price.

We do sell parts to the general public for cars and trucks here at W2W besides building all the SS Silverado trucks that GM sells.

Kurt

I could give a crap about a "kit" personally.  I can piece everything I need together from other places for everything but one piece, the one they have, is readily available.  They know as well as everyone on this site they have the only piece out there to make the other $5000 worth of stuff to work.  They would sell a hundred of those things by themselves.  Even if it was going to be offered in a kit, I don't think that price to put it all together has been hampering anything.  Even if they weren't into selling parts, you would think since they knew they had "THE" part to be able to do the swap they would offer it because they know it would help many out on here. 

I mean look at what WCCH is doing for the Radix guys.  Slightly different, but even WCCH is probably not into doing what they did.  They found something that everyone "needed" to make the 90mmtb work on a Radix and now offer it.  Even if WCCH did do things like that, they at least have the "appearance" of helping the community that they have found a niche in.  NOT coming on here and saying looky what I got and never hearing anything from them on the subject again.  W2W is not out to help anyone in this particular community out.  Although, they have some pretty nice stuff that may be available for our truck.

Based on what WCCH has done to help the community in other things they need, many are more apt to do business with them in the future because they know they are there to help them in "anything" they need.  If W2W were to do the same, they would have a much larger fan base, if you could call it that, and people would want to do more business with them in the future.  Including me.

All these guys love W2W on here, but name one thing they have done to help any of them out in getting what they want out of their trucks.  I haven't noticed anything yet.

Nic eof you to chime in kurt! :thumbs: i really wish we had 100 memeber looking to do the swap well at least 99!!

how about 10 orders for an unreasonable price? :D

Archived