4L80e + NVG149 Kit for Silverado SS's

Tonight I just finished the mockup/prototype of the adaptors needed.  Everything lines up perfectly.  Actually it came out very slick.

I am now looking for a prototype truck in order to build a crossmember and the related bits external to transmission.

If soemone is interested in in the Louisville area or doesn't mind driving there or having truck dropped off send me an email.

[email protected]

Who ever volunteers will get a sweet deal and I will make it worth their time.

Damn, I would love to volunteer because I know eventually I'll end up with one of these things anyway. :oops: How long would you need the truck and I'm guessing you would want it soon too huh? I have to think about it though as that is a pretty good distance away for me.

I'm glad you guys are stepping up and trying to make this happen, will make alot of people happy I think. :)

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If someone had capabilities to do install themselves or local, and could provide me feedback for crossmember sizes that will work also. As I know sending a truck out can either be an unknown, inconvience, and not something most would want to do including myself.

Anybody interested just email me and we can discuss details, what capability you have, etc.

[email protected]

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
What is the latest on this topic?  Update Please........

The adapter is done to go from the transmission to T-case. The issue now is the the crossmember.. However simple it may seem, nobody in the area has a Silverado SS to alllow mock up of this part. The electronics are fairly simple, I think that any decent tuning place should/would be able to provide a 6.0L + 4L80e tune. I know a little about this as I am planning an LS6 + 4L80e for my Typhoon...

I guess at this point Jeff showed interest in selling the adapter plates for the trans to Tcase but cant realistically offer a "KIT" per say with out a donor truck for mockup on the crossmember.

Any chance that the GM crossmember would fit ? I know the 6.0L + 4L80e was a GM Combo, I'd assume that it would work but not 100% because of the issue with the different Tcase.

• 3 weeks later...
What is the latest on this topic?   Update Please........

The adapter is done to go from the transmission to T-case. The issue now is the the crossmember.. However simple it may seem, nobody in the area has a Silverado SS to alllow mock up of this part. The electronics are fairly simple, I think that any decent tuning place should/would be able to provide a 6.0L + 4L80e tune. I know a little about this as I am planning an LS6 + 4L80e for my Typhoon...

I guess at this point Jeff showed interest in selling the adapter plates for the trans to Tcase but cant realistically offer a "KIT" per say with out a donor truck for mockup on the crossmember.

Any chance that the GM crossmember would fit ? I know the 6.0L + 4L80e was a GM Combo, I'd assume that it would work but not 100% because of the issue with the different Tcase.

So will the crossmember in the link I posted work, or not?

So will the crossmember in the link I posted work, or not?

Its this simple, until someone wants to step up and work with JEFF on the small stuff (crossmember, dipstick tube etc) its a dead project.

The conversion adapter for the transmission to T-case is done and complete. The 4L80e output shaft is also complete.

Currently the focus is on our own projects, neither Jeff nor I have access to, or own a Silverado SS, I personally dont anticipate buying one anytime soon. Its hard to complete a kit without a truck, or anyone that wants to step up to provide access to a truck for final mock of the needed parts.

Perhaps if someone wants to contact Jeff he will sell you the adapter and you can do the rest yourself ?? Otherwise this project has been officially shelved.

I'm a little confused why you guys made an output shaft for the 4l80e. That means you have to pull the whole transmission apart to install the new output shaft correct? Seems that it would have been easier to make a new input gear for the transfer case. W2W has already done this so I know that’s possible. And an output shaft like this has already been made and has been available for while for this conversion. Also to make the rear cross brace mount, can't you just measure the 4l80 and your adapter and then move the mounting holes back however much longer the 4l80 setup is. Just a thought, I know setting one up would be better.

Archived