4L80e + NVG149 Kit for Silverado SS's

Greetings, I am looking for some help from someone here.

Turbotime and JSManufacturing have the capacity to design and engineer a conversion kit to replace your transmission with a GM 4L80e.

While I currently do NOT own a Silvy SS, however as a Typhoon owner, I am quite familar with the abuse a heavy AWD vehicle can dish out to the transmission (its a weak link on our trucks as well).

Turbotime and JSmanufacturing pioneered this swap on Syclones and Typhoons and now would like to offer the swap to the silverado SS guys.

Since I realize you dont know me from the next guy, I'd like to offer the following threads for your review :

http://www.syty.net/forums/showthread.php?t=28616

and

http://www.syty.net/forums/showthread.php?t=28121

and

http://www.syty.net/forums/showthread.php?t=28313

There are currently 2-3 trucks SyTy'ers running the 4L80e with atleast 4 more in the works. (more than likely, even more coming as their 700r4's give up the ghost).

So with the above said and shown, I hope you realize that we ARE SERIOUS about offering a kit to you guys. With that said... I need a favor, currently we need ONE transfer case (damaged/running whatever) as a LOAN to mock up the parts. (STOCK SILVERADO SS Tcase ONLY please). You will receive the case back after final mock up is completed.

For one lucky helpful person, for your efforts, you will receive the parts AT COST as they become available if you chose to excercise that option. Without the NVG 149 case we cannot offer the needed parts..

Here are the parts that we intend to offer (this may change as needed):

1. Billet Output shaft that fits your STOCK T-case and 4L80e

2. Crossmember to support 4L80e and NVG 149

3. Adapter to bolt the 4L80e to the NVG 149 T-case.

Optional Items that maybe also supplied upon request at additional charge and could possibly be had cheaper locally if you have connections..:

1. Professionally built Fully prepped 4L80e transmission

2. Lengthened/Shortened Driveshafts

3. Electrical Harnesses that make this conversion truly PLUG AND PLAY (available through speartech)

4. Custom Race Prepped Stall Converter built to your specs and RPM requirements.

There is some additional things to consider, your STOCK PCM will control this transmission, however, you will need the equivalent of an EFILIVE or HPTUNERS (not needed for syty apps) or some start of a stand alone transmission controller.. I plan on using the 4L80e on my Turbocharged LS6 typhoon and plan on using a custom operating system from EFILIVE to run the transmission.. There are a couple of options here..

Obviously this isnt going to be the cheapest mod for these trucks, some owners will never need it.. However, JSM and Turbotime are going to assume the R&D costs associated with the hard parts, we just dont have a transfer case to use for MOCK purposes. If you want to contribute or can help or have a scrap/spare case laying around you dont need for a while please let me know..

[email protected] or PM me..

I am in Indianapolis, and the fab shop is in Louisville.. It would be helpful to have some one close to either of these locations.

Thanks for your time and if you'd like to see some AWD donuts check this link out:

http://www.northeastsyty.com/videos/05SyTy...awd_burnout.wmv

The truck in the video has a GMHTP photographer riding shotgun at our national event a couple of weeks ago..

Todd

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I updated the original link for the AWD Donut since it looks like it was taken down..

Its in the top post..

Nobody has a spare case sitting on the bench they wanna part with for a couple of weeks ?

If you would have asked a few weeks ago, I would have been game. If you don't have one in about 3wks, I'll send you mine. Mine is going to be sitting six weeks while I'm in RI. As long as it sits waiting for me, at my address, when I return 2SEP.

As it sits right now, my truck is without a motor, but hopefully that will change within the next week. So right now, I need it.

I am now looking for a transfer case to purchase, or the correct GM part #.

I think I might as well just upgrade my typhoon to this case for the added strength. Maybe in mean time, see if I can help you guys out also.

[email protected] if you have one for sale or know the gm part #.

From my best guess, gm parts direct is showing $1k shipped to my door, just not sure if I have the right part #.

Wow for $1K I'd check the wrecking yards for a totaled Escalade or SS, they are so new that the mileage on them surely would be very low and they are darned near indestructible to begin with...

Mr. P. :)

Hey, guys.

I brought this topic up several months ago and received MANY PM responses of guys offering to donate parts for mockup but never actually received anything. I even offered some individuals that I would pay shipping back and forth and received nothing. I built the trans and contributed to the design of the adaptor setup for the syclone you see getting thrashed in the videos. Jeff is the real deal and does what he says. If you want to see it come to a reality and be a TRUE bolt in kit, hook up with Jeff and help out. I attribute the lack of any serious help when I inquired to the fact that I was new to your forum and guys were afraid of getting snowed. I’ve personally met Jeff and he is the kind that means what he says and has the capability to actually make parts. Not farm them out. I mean make the parts.

If anyone wants to know what was involved in the building of the trans that you see in the vids, PM me. I won’t post anything public on what is in the trans for obvious reasons but if you are building your own, I will share what is in it privately. Like I said, Jeff is the real deal. If you at least have a part number for the transfer case, at least it would be a start.

Hey, guys.

I brought this topic up several months ago and received MANY PM responses of guys offering to donate parts for mockup but never actually received anything. I even offered some individuals that I would pay shipping back and forth and received nothing. I built the trans and contributed to the design of the adaptor setup for the syclone you see getting thrashed in the videos. Jeff is the real deal and does what he says. If you want to see it come to a reality and be a TRUE bolt in kit, hook up with Jeff and help out. I attribute the lack of any serious help when I inquired to the fact that I was new to your forum and guys were afraid of getting snowed. I’ve personally met Jeff and he is the kind that means what he says and has the capability to actually make parts. Not farm them out. I mean make the parts.

If anyone wants to know what was involved in the building of the trans that you see in the vids, PM me. I won’t post anything public on what is in the trans for obvious reasons but if you are building your own, I will share what is in it privately. Like I said, Jeff is the real deal. If you at least have a part number for the transfer case, at least it would be a start.

I offered my t-case in about 16 days or so, but got no response.

Hey, guys.

I offered my t-case in about 16 days or so, but got no response.

Yes you did, and the reason I havent responded is because Jeff is still on the fence about whether or not he wants to purchase one himself (for later installation into is truck to replace the SyTy case) or to just go ahead with the 'borrowed' one. I havent forgotten about your offer and whatever jeff decides to do will dictate whether or not I PM you. Thanks again for your gracious offer !

Archived