Antenna Delete

PadronCubans

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate mine. I did it and all the channels got worse, and on certain weather days lost them completely. Even with the ground strap on the base. I'm putting it back to normal ASAP.

• 1 month later...

I know this shred is kinda old, however, i saw it last night and it was the first thing i did this morning....easy and inexpensive mod. I used an L bracket...had to drill a few holes etc however, looks really clean (i did used one zip tie lol just so that the end is secure and not rattling against the fender with vibrations etc.). No reception loss either...as long as its "grounded" bolted to metal. I bolted one part of the L bracket to the original metal piece and drilled a big enough hole to fit the antenna through the other side. After that, drilled a smaller hole to fit atleast one of the screws through so that it still has ground. Im bout to get my cowl piece W/O the hole tmrw. sweet mod! thanx for the ideas!

post-20038-127343976044_thumb.jpg

• 9 months later...

Ah.Curb feeler for your roof.Good point.

Unfortunately I can't loose the antenna. I use it quite often as a height watcher, when driving in parking garages, who are just about 2 meters heigh.

As the antenna is the highest part of the car; when it thoughes something; I'll now I can't continue...

P.

• 7 months later...

I meant to post a few months ago when I did this mod, but I wanted to give it a test period, then I forgot. I ended up paying $16.83 for the part, part #15287179 off this website http://www.partswebsite.com/gmcarpart/. I too used the zip tie method to secure the tip of the antenna, and I grounded using an old headphone wire. I lost no reception. I think it has a lot to do with how close I am to the city though. Anyway, great how to. Very subtle, most people won't even notice. It's really cool though.

Guest JasonHensley22

I meant to post a few months ago when I did this mod, but I wanted to give it a test period, then I forgot. I ended up paying $16.83 for the part, part #15287179 off this website http://www.partswebsite.com/gmcarpart/. I too used the zip tie method to secure the tip of the antenna, and I grounded using an old headphone wire. I lost no reception. I think it has a lot to do with how close I am to the city though. Anyway, great how to. Very subtle, most people won't even notice. It's really cool though.

I did the exact same thing, and it looks great and also lost no reception!

Guest JasonHensley22

It does look good, and its something I really should do too! Eventually I guess...

Yeah yeah how long have I been hearing THAT one lol. It's only 20 bucks and looks awesome!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Cheap and easy. The truck looks a lot smoother too without the antenna sticking up. I had a few extra stainless steel brackets left over from a universal BBQ rotisserie that I picked up. Chopped it up a bit and its good to go! Love the how to, I used my other extra bracket and shaved my buddy's 2015 Duramax Denali. Once he saw mine he had to have his the same.

I've had my smooth cowl piece sitting for a year or two now. I need to make sure to remember this one day and get it done. Had it on my silver SS and liked it a lot.

Archived