Antenna Delete

PadronCubans

I have an Antenna delete:

it's called the guy before me broke it off in the holder that it sits in so now i have no antenna or anyway of putting one on it unless i get a new bracket for the antenna

:banghead: DOH! that sucks

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it's called the guy before me broke it off in the holder that it sits in so now i have no antenna or anyway of putting one on it unless i get a new bracket for the antenna

how's ur radio reception?

I dunno, u might not even listen to the radio, but if it's bad u could just get an amplified antenna from the parts store and put it under your dash and wire it in.

Let's see a pic. You could probably drill the center and use a bolt out set or a left handed drill bit.

It was the worst mod ever for me. Hated having the shit radio reception. I used an L-bracket, grounded it, used a wire as shown in the pics, tried an amplified under the dash antenna. They all sucked and I went back to the stock antenna in the stock location and don't plan on going back. The moderate improvement to the look of the truck was definately not worth the piss poor reception.

• 2 weeks later...

I plan to attempt this mod today after class. I haven't really tried to do this, so it could be a dumb question: how do u remove the black plastic piece that surrounds the antenna so that you can unbolt it from the grounded mount? It looks like just about a 5 inch piece and I shouldn't have to take off the whole piece all the way accross right?

Went down to GM today to pick up one of the cowl corners without the antenna hole.

They said you cant get them in canada, so i had to order one in :crazy:

Did it arrive yet? If not .. let us know ... we'll send one north for you. I personally could not stand looking at my truck with a nice Cowl Hood and seeing a damn Antenna ruining the view ... :thumbs:

• 4 weeks later...

I finally just did this today. I had started on it on Feb 2 but it was really cold and the L bracket I bought was too small. But today I finally went to the Chevy dealer to pick up the cowl corner piece that I had ordered ($20.10) and then got the rest of the hardware I needed. It was really a bitch trying to get the bracket to fit so I ended up linking 3 small brackets together so it could bend a bit. Overall I struggled way more than I should have and the freezing temperatures didnt help a bit but I'm just really glad I got it done right. I havent tested it yet so I will let you know how that goes once I do it. Anyways her725(2).JPGe is a picture.727(2).JPG

I cant get the text to stay above the picture for some reason. Oh well734(2).JPG.

One last one.......

736(2).JPG

Archived