Antenna Delete

PadronCubans

You can remove your antenna from its position and run it along the inside of the quarter panel under the hood. I still have reception too!

Antenna mount, just unbolt it from there:

Image8883.jpg

Run it alongside the quarter panel, underneath that lip the hood sits on... Secure with black zip ties:

d9d09aea.jpg

Image0207.jpg

Just did mine and it worked really good with my shorty ant. I also ordered the cowling for no ant. part #15113342.

post-10748-1175381955_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

or you could just put one of these on to cover up the hole were the antenna was.

Escalade cowl corner - GM part number 15287179 (got mine for about $10 shipped from partszoneonline.com)

• 5 weeks later...

Just deleted mine over the weekend. Lost no reception.. I like it. I slipped a rubber grommet into the hole first - then pushed a plastic plug into it with the same texture as the wiper cowl area.. I like it. The antenna under the hood with the zip tie.. ugly. but hidden none the less and works.. thx

• 1 month later...

GM has a right side cowl piece to replace the one with the antenna hole in it. its off of a cadillac. an earlier post had a part number in it, im just letting everyone know about it again and let you know that the number has been changed to GM# 15287179

I did this mod & loved the look without the antenna. The part that sucks is that I live about 80 miles from the closest "big" city and I lost reception, even with a ground wire. I still had reception, but had more static, so I put it back to normal. I guess it's time for me to buy the XM receiver for my D3.

there are 3 "clips" that hold it in. I was successful with two of them, the other one is now in the trash haha. I just did this mod yesterday and i can honestly say it looks a million times better!

To those who did the wire ground thing, can anyone post pix of their set up? i have no clue what to do haha

• 1 month later...
what do you use to fill the hole on the surface where the antenna used to be?

fast4popper told me of you go too chevy dealership and get the pce that the work truck uses it snaps right in were the antanae used to be.. i believe its the pc chevy puts in when there is no radio ordered on the worktruck model.. looks factory and good... :thumbs:

To those who did the wire ground thing, can anyone post pix of their set up? i have no clue what to do haha

I really dont think it makes a difference if you ground it or not, but I just found a nut that fit the threads on the bottom of the antenna and attached a wire to that, the other end goes right to where the base was mounted and I just used one of the bolts that was in it. I got the same reception with and without the ground wire...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived