side molding on 1500 ls

ss-lookalike

i have a 05 silverado 1500 ext cab ls.  it has the molding and i want to know how it is connected.  if i take it off are there screw holes or what.

They are held on with tape. Use a heat gun or park it in the sun on a hot day and carefully peel them off.

newer vehicles will come off easy by using a heat gun or hot sunlight, but if it is two yrs or older i would go to you local paint supply shop and get a 3M adhesive remover wheel.... peel the molding off and the put it on your drill and it makes the job so much easier, i would use a hand glaze and a good coat of wax or two afterwards..

tim

there is a service bulletin on them for dimples or many other issues (wavey etc.) you can choose i think of 2 or 3 diff styles to replace them with... under warranty of course

• 1 year later...

i bought mine 4 weeks ago tomorrow, and the day i bought it the passenger side door moulding was hitting the fender, you couldnt even open the door without it binding. the truck had absolutely no signs of ever being wrecked or painted so i thought nothing of it. i took it off, straightened it out (as best as you can straighten warped semi-flexible plastic) put new tape on it and it was fine for about 4 hours. after this fiasco i took off the molding, notched out the damaged section (about 3/4" by 2") and put it back on there. now i need a new molding. even if it is a warranty cover they probably wont help me since i 'modded' mine. aside from a dealer where can i get one, does anyone have a part number?

Archived