help me with my ATI S/C i cant get the power i sho

I need to get my boost gauges working then I will know exactly how much boost I am making. But right now I don’t think I am making more then 3-4 psi. of boost

I am just not happy at all right now with the ati in fact I am mad at how it turned out. I almost want to take it all off because I don't think I am making any boost. It almost seems that all my gain cam from my cam and tq.

Some how I am loosing almost all my boost but I just don't get it. It seems that even if I am not making as much boost as I should maybe because of my cam and headers, I should still be making the power. I still can’t turn all the tires over off the line. It really does not even put me back in the seat.

to me I seems that if I had not put in a cam and headers I would make at about 450hp and have about 8psi of boost, but then if I put in a cam and headers I would loose boost but not hp. so it seems that I should have over 500hp with my current setup. But I just can’t make the power that I think I should.

This is the cam I put in

220/226 556/570 114+4

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The gauges are not working right but I think I know what I could do to make the boost gage work. I think that if I put a hole in the tube right before the throttle body and got my boost reading from there. Right now I have it coming off the little nipple of the passenger side of the motor but all I am getting is vac. But the fuel gage is not working all.

my boost gauge does not show any boost it goes from about 25 vac to about 1 vac at wot

the hose can't be collapsing before the blower because it is PVC pipe with a rubber fitting and the air filter.

i don't think the belt is slipping, there is no noise or dust.

I don't think that i have any leeks but i am going to pull off all the custom tubing and glue all the joints.

First things first.  Get your boost gauge working before speculating how much boost you're not making.

:withstupid: I agree, you need more info on the bigger picture. Could be anything from PCM programming to leaks to cam timing to engine combo to ??? As you made several big changes at once you're going to need to know a little more to pinpoint the problem. Also, there could be multiple factors here... On the bright side I'm sure once you get it squared away your truck will put down some impressive numbers.

Mr. P.

Since your boost gauge is not working, let's start there. Check every single vacuum line connection coming off your manifold. Make sure the boots are tight, and if not, replace them and zip tie them.

Also, you want your boost gauge plumbed to the manifold, not the charge pipe. Boost is a measure of restriction of the intake track after the throttle body.

Archived