HOW-TO: Removing Your PCM

misterp

Nice post!

OK, I bought my truck used from a dealer, so no real info from any prior owner on what's in it (except for the obvious Gibson exhaust). Any way to tell if the PCM has been modded already? I'd hate to send it in to find it functioned the same.  :dunno:

Unfortunately not without interrogating it with tuning software.

Mr. P. :)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nice post!

OK, I bought my truck used from a dealer, so no real info from any prior owner on what's in it (except for the obvious Gibson exhaust). Any way to tell if the PCM has been modded already? I'd hate to send it in to find it functioned the same.  :dunno:

Unfortunately not without interrogating it with tuning software.

Thanks for your help. It's clear to me already you are a wealth of information!

• 10 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Careful Blacky, "the hand of knowledge" , is the star of the How-to theater. :jester:

By the way Mr P, when do the autographs become avail? Great period of instruction though! :thumbs:

So you just remove the pcm and thats it 25 30 hp or whatever? And if thats it well then im just a newbie, how was i to know

So you just remove the pcm and thats it 25 30 hp or whatever? And if thats it well then im just a newbie, how was i to know

No you remove the PCM when you either recieve a new one with a custom tune to install or when you want to ship off your PCM to get a tune and then re-install it.

• 3 months later...
Thanks guys..just ordered a Summit CAI and Wheatley tune..been too stock for too long!!

so....30+ hp and tq???? :D

You will be very happy with a Wheatley tune; he's put several bolt-on SSS trucks in the 13.7's.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived