SS front bumper cover

• 2 months later...
I want to put an SS bumper cover on my Silverado.  How does it attach?  I know I have to remove the lower valence, but what about the top piece on the bumper? also, are there more parts needed for the front other than the bumper cover and the 3 vent inserts?  :confused:

hi did you find a bumper ? i am lookin for one hit a snow bank need replacment bumper where can i find 1???

Many-a-folk have gotten away with using double-sided tape and self tapping screws.

You need to remove your factory lower valance, but leave everything else from the chrome bumper up. Put a big strip of 3M Body Molding tape on the top of your factory bumper lip, then place the cover over it. Use 4 - 6 self tapping screws per side where the inner lip of the cover meets the fender well. Pleanty of people installing them like that with no brackets and have had zero issues.

I picked my cover up Thursday but am trying to find some used vents for it. Once I get those, I'll be installing mine as above until I resource the brackets.

Kinda ghetto, but it'll do the trick.

• 3 weeks later...
Many-a-folk have gotten away with using double-sided tape and self tapping screws.

You need to remove your factory lower valance, but leave everything else from the chrome bumper up. Put a big strip of 3M Body Molding tape on the top of your factory bumper lip, then place the cover over it. Use 4 - 6 self tapping screws per side where the inner lip of the cover meets the fender well. Pleanty of people installing them like that with no brackets and have had zero issues.

I picked my cover up Thursday but am trying to find some used vents for it. Once I get those, I'll be installing mine as above until I resource the brackets.

Kinda ghetto, but it'll do the trick.

Wanted to follow-up on this post for future searchers.

Once I got my vents and installed them, I've realized that this cannot be properly done without at least the 2 outer and 2 lower brackets. Without those particular brackets, the bottom of the cover contorts and the vents won't line up properly.

Not sure what the 2 people I spoke with who used no brackets did. But it musta been something or the bottom of their cover is undoubtably sagging.

• 14 years later...