Flexalite Fans

Well, I just got off the phone with FAL and this time they aren't going to send me another set of motors.  They think that the motors were wired up wrong.  Get this, a blue and a black lead coming out of the motor.  Guess which one would be ground and which one hot?    You would think that black would be ground however FAL for some strange reason decided to make black the hot and blue the grnd. 

Common manufacturer's trick.

We did an electric water pump on a R.E.D., for SOME reason I decided to look at the instruction page.

Red= ground. Black= 12 volt power source.

Wiring it BACKWARDS? = Warranty.... VOID!

:nonod:

Well, update on the fans. I got one motor to work again. I tapped on the bearing and lo and behold it started to spin. The guy at FAL told me if they start to spin you're lucky and the brushes probably just jammed up. I don't know the first thing about motors but it sounded good. I did the same thing with the second motor and it starts spinning too.....however when I got home from my mechanic the second one had stopped again. So one motor is good and one is bad and at $103 and change each I refuse to buy a replacement.

Once again, Bryan from PCMforless is coming through and he is going to attempt to rebuild the second motor. If it works I will continue to test these until I feel comfortable taking a longer trip with them. I got my clutch fan in the truck too (inside under the seat) not hooked just in case as a fail safe.

Archived