STS vs. Radix vs. ATI vs. ...

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I knew I spelled Kenne Bell wrong the computer just cant ever find results when I spell it correct! Ive been trying to look for people who sell it is it just best to go to their site and buy straight from them! Thanks for help!

• 1 month later...
...too easy to get greedy with power levels....

LOL sooo true.

6. Also the occasional sticking noid. This can cause a melt down when the nitrous noid sticks open. Very rare and is usually a installation problem or a faulty noid.

I had this happen to me with my old car. The noid stuck open after a run and completely toasted my motor. NX replaced the noid for free LOL...

Running two inline is the only way to prevent this... and it's kind of a pain.

I guess you could also keep a wideband meter on at all time like I do and hope that you can shut the motor off fast enough to save it if that ever happens.

Edited by Brandoson (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Would it be possible to supercharge AND turbocharge the 6.0? If not... the turbocharger seems like the better buy to me... does anyone have anymore weaknesses compared to the SC that they could tell me about? As well as reliability between the two? And how much does it cost to build up the transmission? Thanks!

Would it be possible to supercharge AND turbocharge the 6.0? If not... the turbocharger seems like the better buy to me... does anyone have anymore weaknesses compared to the SC that they could tell me about? As well as reliability between the two? And how much does it cost to build up the transmission? Thanks!

Transmissions check this site Built transmission

Check out our time slip forum you'll see the different setups and times people are running and you can see that the radix has the some of the best #s.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

What about the new Trick Turbo? It's a front mount system like the Livernois. They are very efficient with no turbo lag. I have seen a stock 6.0L with a Zo6 can and 918 springs, with the Trick Turbo go 11.5 in the quarter with limited traction in San Antonio. I have the STS, but just bought this system. Allen Nelson of Nelson Performance will be putting it on in the next couple of weeks.

Jamest

Edited by JAMEST (see edit history)

• 7 months later...
the hp loss at the crank due to supercharger drag/turbo backpressure. i.e. the amount of engine power required to turn over the supercharger... however the return in power by the supercharger over comes this loss

Thanks

• 4 months later...

sorry so late on the input. i have the detroit speedworks kit. some nice things about the kit are no cutting of anything under the hood for fittment. just the exhaust. it is a direct bolt on. i have had no turbo lag what so ever. even when i had the stock converter. spools very fast and stays there trought the power bad. but some of the downs. kit all said and done is about $6500. the kit did not come with a bov. its kinda tight to fit under the hood. also need a tuning software of some choose. it does creat alittle more heat under the hood. but i used mine as a daily driver and had no problems with heat. and my biggest problem is tuning. i live in billing montana and there are no tuning shops around here at all for forced induction at all. other than that i love the fact of having a turbo and it suck cause the fact of no tuning is forcing me to sell the turbo kits for n/a. i know this isnt the thread to post for sales. but it is up for sale.

• 1 year later...

FYI theres no welding on a sts kit. You drill a couple holes to mount the oil return pump from turbo. One hole for feed (does need to be tapped as well).

I got mine welded in. I trust welds more than simple u-exhaust clamps. But it is not needed. BTW the new kits come with block of plate adaptor so you don't need to drill anymore for the oil feed line

Edited by chpspecial (see edit history)

• 9 months later...

i really want to go with the STS kit but,,,,,, should i get the tuning software they offer? is it true that turbo kits need to be tuned every now and then?

now when i order my kit; what should i order? the basic kit+the intercooler? or should i also add the boost controler, the boost gage and the air ratio gauge? how about the tuner and the methanol injection?