It doesn't shift hard enough!

LOL 2wd+VHO+saving some $$$=money for tires for the burnout monster! :D

At least now when I beat you I can have something to look at in my rear view... like a big smokey burnout :jester:

Seriously... I'm glad that you found something that will work out for you. Kinda sad you won't have the SS anymore, but theres always the Street Scene clone kit :D

Also glad Nick took care of you over at Mt. View... I got the feeling the first time around w/ him didn't go so well... but now that you can drop my name you get the "family hookup" :cool:

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At least now when I beat you I can have something to look at in my rear view... like a big smokey burnout :jester:

Seriously... I'm glad that you found something that will work out for you. Kinda sad you won't have the SS anymore, but theres always the Street Scene clone kit :D

Also glad Nick took care of you over at Mt. View... I got the feeling the first time around w/ him didn't go so well... but now that you can drop my name you get the "family hookup" :cool:

I dunno what lead you to belive the first time around didn't go so well I got my truck at $500 over invoice can't ask for much better than that. The reason I didn't take my truck there for service is because Clippinger was willing to work with me for covering the trans under warranty, they were close to work, and covered it with the shift kit. I was unsure about Mountain View because my dad had taken his truck back because his seats were messed up from them putting the floor mats on the seats durring shipping and they didn't want to fix the seats and argued the situation till they finally gave in and payed for the seats to be reupholstered and it still didn't come out right so they ended up buying him new seats.

I dunno what lead you to belive the first time around didn't go so well I got my truck at $500 over invoice can't ask for much better than that. The reason I didn't take my truck there for service is because Clippinger was willing to work with me for covering the trans under warranty, they were close to work, and covered it with the shift kit. I was unsure about Mountain View because my dad had taken his truck back because his seats were messed up from them putting the floor mats on the seats durring shipping and they didn't want to fix the seats and argued the situation till they finally gave in and payed for the seats to be reupholstered and it still didn't come out right so they ended up buying him new seats.

That must've been what I was thinking of... just had it in my head your family didn't like mt. view for some reason. Did you tell Nick you know me?

That must've been what I was thinking of... just had it in my head your family didn't like mt. view for some reason. Did you tell Nick you know me?

Yeah actually I was supprized he remembered my family from over a year ago but I guess he should since we bought 3 vehilces from him all being right around $40,000. So we talked for a bit while he was looking for a VHO because he told me that the truck doesn't exist and that they don't make 2wd SS's. I said something like "so you know the Von Kleist family?" he respoded oh yeah they now have 2 SS's. He then proceeded looking because he was in shock that they now make 2wd SS's and he was totaly unaware of it. The word on those is that they are out and dealers do have them but they aren't for sale yet as far as he can tell. Then getting him to belive the LQ9 came in a 1/2 ton non SS truck was a whole different adventure but I gave him the B4V performance package code and about 6 trucks came up all right around $33,000 2 dark blue, 2 silver birtch, and 2 black none of them were local all around 75-100miles away.

But all in all he was very fair with the deal and said let's see if we can come up with something that makes sence for both of us!

i think the vho in red with the street scene's bumper and a roll pan would just about cover it. that is with the body moldings off and other various color matching things.

i think the vho in red with the street scene's bumper and a roll pan would just about cover it. that is with the body moldings off and other various color matching things.

Honestly I think the chrome bumpers look good with the upper and lower plastics painted to match I will be putting a steel rollpan on it though and the body mouldings will be removed and either left off or replaced with the chrome moulding like the GMC's come with!

Archived