It doesn't shift hard enough!

Well I got the stock boost valve down to the dealer this afternoon so they can replace it. Now i'm just waiting for the GM rep to come look at it and say that it needs a trans. The dealer is selling me the TB converter for $230 and they are going to install it for me and give me the stock converter that comes with the new trans so if I ever have any more problems they can throw the stock converter back in it and they said they will still cover it under warranty! :thumbs:

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
so u uninstaleld the shift kit before u took it in?

Just the servos and my deep pan I just hope they don't find the boost valve and the rest of it will most likely never be caught by the Rep. or GM.

deep pan, i thought we already had a deep pan on the trucks, or rather, i know its not as shallow as a normal 4l60 pan..

he had an aftermarket aluminum deep pan i believe.

so u uninstaleld the shift kit before u took it in?

Just the servos and my deep pan I just hope they don't find the boost valve and the rest of it will most likely never be caught by the Rep. or GM.

deep pan, i thought we already had a deep pan on the trucks, or rather, i know its not as shallow as a normal 4l60 pan..

he had an aftermarket aluminum deep pan i believe.

Yeah a B&M the drop down filter adapter was sealed really well when I pulled the pan off. I was kinda worried about it but it was a PITA to install and remove so I don't think i'm gonna reinstall it the next time unless I get the time to redo that section of the exhaust for more clerance.

Another update: The trans will be at the dealer tomarrow but the torque converter will not be there till next week sometime.

The only problem I have with this is my rental is over friday since the trans will be there and GM won't pay for a rental while waiting for parts that aren't being replaced under warranty. I do have some other issues to be covered under warranty such as the intermediate steering shaft and a concern with the AC compressor so hopefully I can use these items as an excuse to buy me some more time! :dunno:

Well my trans is at the dealer waiting to be installed but they are waiting on the TB torque converter. I don't understand how GM can next day a whole trans but it takes a week to get a torque converter :dunno: oh well. If Zippy can get me a new shift kit ASAP i'm gonna see if I can bribe the tech to install it for me since I am waiting for the torque converter anyways!

Update well as I already said the trans is there they are just waiting for the converter. I spoke with the tech and asked him if he would be willing to install the shift kit and mentioned it was the superior shift kit, to me it sounded like he has something against the makers of supreior but he offered to do "his own kit" and he sounded confident but didn't sound to like he knew enough about what he was doing to me to beable to explain what he was going to do other than tell me he was going to change some springs and "rework" the accumulator and install the vette servo. So after that whole conversation I just told him not to worry about it just install the converter when it gets there and put it back together. So it looks like I get the fun of laying under the truck once again installing it for a second time! Atleast I will know that it's gonna get done right and don't have to worry if he left anything out! :thumbs:

Well I was supposed to get my truck back today but they were just finishing up the install of the new trans and then needed to test drive it for the intermediate steering shaft problem I should have it back by 4:00pm tomarrow.

Well looks like it's back to the dealer with the truck the remanufactured trans they installed already had broken parts to start with. I took it apart to install the Zippy kit and found that the acumulator piston was already cracked from the get go, so this tells me it was probably broken when it was put in the truck. I got lucky and had the plastic one out of my last trans sine I had replaced it with a metal one. I finished installing the shift kit and all went well so Saturday I installed the billet servos took it around the block and BANG! Now it has no drive or third on the selector but I still have 1st 2nd and reverse.

Wish me luck I hope the TB converter is still good!

Archived