It doesn't shift hard enough!

a little bit of stall goes a long way with keeping the hard parts from breaking. it adds some cushion on the shifts.

Really? Is this how it works? I would like to know for sure. Are you saying that, for example, a vehicle with a Yank TT2600 would have less stress on the tranny than the same vehicle with a stock converter?

Yes...I beleive my truck would shift much harder with only the Transgo and servos that I have, however, because of my TCI 2600, it shifts just hard enough but you can tell there is a bit of a cushion there.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i couldnt beleive what i heard this morning wither , first the part about the tranny dying and then jon told me someone had f'ed up dylans bros new ss too, what kind of rental did they treat ya with jon? after leaving your house today i got my azz whooped by a black 02 z28 i talked to him he said heis best was a 12.8 with a tc and headers, hopefully they will throw in that tb converter i think that may be my next mod if it doesent cos to much to install, good luck with the tranny jon keep us posted

i couldnt beleive what i heard this morning wither , first the part about the tranny dying and then jon told me someone had f'ed up dylans bros new ss too, what kind of rental did they treat ya with jon? after leaving your house today i got my azz whooped by a black 02 z28 i talked to him he said heis best was a 12.8 with a tc and headers, hopefully they will throw in that tb converter i think that may be my next mod if it doesent cos to much to install, good luck with the tranny jon keep us posted

What happened to the new von kleist ss?

He went to the Ontario Mills Mall (first mistake) with his girlfriend to see a movie and didn't valet it (second mistake) When he came out his tailgate was down and his tail-lights were gone along w/ the harness. The lazy bastards didn't even bother to unclip the wiring harness... they just ripped it out.

To add insult to injury there was a note sitting on his tailgate from the security office that said:

"Dear truck owner:

Your tail lights were stolen. Please call Ontario PD if you want to report it.

-OMM Security"

Gee... thanks... like he wouldn't have figured it out on his own! :wtf:

As any of the local guys will know its highly likely the security gaurds were in on it judging by the types of guys they have patrolling the lot.

So $460 later he learned the same lesson I did... DO NOT GO TO THE ONTARIO MILLS MALL!!!

The dealer said this was the 15th set of stolen silverado tail lights they had replaced in the last week. :mad:

a little bit of stall goes a long way with keeping the hard parts from breaking. it adds some cushion on the shifts.

Really? Is this how it works? I would like to know for sure. Are you saying that, for example, a vehicle with a Yank TT2600 would have less stress on the tranny than the same vehicle with a stock converter?

it would have less stress on the hard parts in it such as input/output shafts, gears, etc.

It's looking like the dealer may go for replacing it with a TB torque converter! but only time will see!

wow, i so seriously doubt my dealer(s) would ever be this cool... Hell, theyt where asking me if my gauges where stock, when my stering wheel was cracked. I mneed to go visit waynes guys in houston... :devil:

Ok well I just got more word on the trans they removed it from the truck and attempted to remove the torque converter to find out what exactly caused it to break but they quickly found out that the torque converter welded itself into the pump so they are unable to get the trans apart.

They told me they will be ordering me a new trans and it comes with a stock converter so I will have to purchase the TB converter for $230 and they are willing to install it if I choose to go this way.

The only down side is if this were to ever happen again and they couldn't get the TB converter out then they will not beable to warranty the trans because GM will not refund the dealer for the cost of a new trans.

This seems like it was just a freak accident especially since I have not heard of this happening to anyone else before. Broken parts are one thing but when they break and sieze up so badly it can't be disassembled i'm thinking this was bound to happen either way.

So now i'm kinda unsure as to what I should do I wanna go with the TB converter and reinstall the shift kit but I really don't wanna buy the next trans if this were to ever happen a second time. :dunno:

Jon

By the time they figure out what happened, and you are ready to do your second tranny. Someone will have figured out a stronger tranny to replace the weak one that is currantly in our trucks.. I think you should go for it :D

He went to the Ontario Mills Mall (first mistake) with his girlfriend to see a movie and didn't valet it (second mistake) When he came out his tailgate was down and his tail-lights were gone along w/ the harness. The lazy bastards didn't even bother to unclip the wiring harness... they just ripped it out.

To add insult to injury there was a note sitting on his tailgate from the security office that said:

"Dear truck owner:

Your tail lights were stolen. Please call Ontario PD if you want to report it.

-OMM Security"

Gee... thanks... like he wouldn't have figured it out on his own! :wtf:

As any of the local guys will know its highly likely the security gaurds were in on it judging by the types of guys they have patrolling the lot.

So $460 later he learned the same lesson I did... DO NOT GO TO THE ONTARIO MILLS MALL!!!

The dealer said this was the 15th set of stolen silverado tail lights they had replaced in the last week.  :mad:

Wow, that sux...Doesn't he know that it's all about Victoria Gardens now? I never go to that ghetto mall anymore. Sorry to hear about that. :sigh:

I think you should go for it Jon. Either that or go with an after market converter and have it installed by my tranny guy (he's great). The converter is probably the best mod I have done. :thumbs:

so u uninstaleld the shift kit before u took it in?

Just the servos and my deep pan I just hope they don't find the boost valve and the rest of it will most likely never be caught by the Rep. or GM.

deep pan, i thought we already had a deep pan on the trucks, or rather, i know its not as shallow as a normal 4l60 pan..

Archived