radix power

zippy

:pop::thumbs::driving:

I am following this...more power form the radix, this group is awsome, the search for more power contines

Zippy you should call Magnuson and get some money cause their sales are going up when you put radix trucks in the 12's :cool:

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

later on tonight i'll try to get fuel pressure numbers from the 03' truck.

the radix kit comes with marine 8.1 injectors.

still waking up here and can't remember which plugs tj put in, but they were correct for the aplication. i'm sure he'll post them. we had no issue's at all with blowing out the spark, only running lean. the bad part is when you drive it with the smaller pulley it pulls so hard that you barely feel it falling off lean. first gear lasts roughly 2 seconds or so. only about .5-.7 or so of this is it lean. in second it goes through and still pulls hard enough on the fuel it has to feel strong. here's where the 2.8 pulley didn't feel much different than the 3.3 pulley (about the middle of second to the top of second). once you hit 3rd you're back into full power and proper afr until way past what would be a 1/4. to the best of my knowledge the chp truck never had a wideband on it either.

i will also note that we regularly use the wideband so we are both handy with the device as well as we did try two brand new sensors to make sure our info was correct.

I have two years and 10 sensors of experience on the wideband. Tuning both forced induction and n20 vehicles. Also lets note that fueling a ATI is much different then a Radix at the same PSI. Tuning and fueling a Radix is more like tuning and fueling a Turbo. It takes more at the same boost level. Ijector and volume issues will become present earlier. In one gear lets say 2nd the radix will eat more fuel at 8psi then a ATI going from 3000rpm to 6000. Just as a properly sized turbo would.

Neither truck is blowing spark. I run TR6's gapped at .034 in both. The 03' also ahs MSD wires. What we are running into here is that we could make the truck go faster with a 2.8 pully like everyone else but it would not be as fast as it should be or "ideal". We would rather refuse to do the non ideal thing and make it work right. We could dump the timing and get it to have enough unburned fuel to keep it were we want at 11.8:1. Then why would you put that pully on. Great you can get it moving but then you end up with the weak Radix trap speed.

I think that a 2.75 pully should net 105+mph not 100-102 corrected. Look forward to us fueling one of these correctly with the proper injectors and pump. As i belive a single 342 will not fuel a pulley any smaller then 3.1" I have my doubts o nthe 3.3" with a good exhaust intake and a high but correct shift point. Time for dual intakes and 57's. We need to get one of these Radix trucks to trap the right speed.

Did the aux pump even show a difference when used with the 255? Just wondering if the aux pump's rating is less than the 255. Seems like it could have brought it down, or limited it to me. It's use is to boost a stock pump. Seems that the better, higher rated pump was behind a much less rated pump. Not sure if that could even be possible.

I have a set of 60s I'll sell ya. Going to SVO 42s myself.

Might want to take them 60's from ya. Short ones? The booster pump did richin it up quite a bit. First we used the stock with booster...no beans, then a 255 in-tank by itself...better but still lean before the shift. Then both and it seems to hold strong at 11.8:1 till just before the shift.

TJ

Might want to take them 60's from ya. Short ones? The booster pump did richin it up quite a bit. First we used the stock with booster...no beans, then a 255 in-tank by itself...better but still lean before the shift. Then both and it seems to hold strong at 11.8:1 till just before the shift.

TJ

Not short. I think, although not positive, the stubbys go away after you break out of the 42lb injectors. The 60s I have are the standard LS1 style injector. They would require new pigtails and 5/8" spacers under the fuel rail. Easy to do, but a slight PITA.

back on another project we did with the 99' tahoe we used the walbro 255 and ended up adding an auxillary pump to that. the auxillary pump which looks to be about the same as came with the radix did help that truck. in the case of the tahoe we replaced the stock intank pump so that if the auxillary pump failed the intank pump could supply enough fuel to keep it from going lean to an unsafe point. we only added the auxillary pump back on that to get the fuel pressure higher after the fmu. either way in this case with over 420gms of air to fuel, the combo had no problem pulling 87psi. with a better fmu the pressure could have been higher. with only the 255 it was at around 82psi. it still had no problem rising as the fmu required, the helper pump just forced in more.

Interesting stuff, guys. Keep us posted as to your findings on correct fuel pump/injector size.

Supposedly CHP and Allen Nelson are also going to be testing for optimal pulley size and tuning on the SSS. Any benefit in sharing information with them?

It's always been a bit suspicious how the efficiency of the Radix seems to tap out between the 2.9 and 2.75 pulleys, in spite of the fact that at 6K engine RPM the blower still isn't maxed out. Maybe it's lack of fuel capacity, pure and simple.

Thanks Zippy for keeping us Radix guys in mind. :thumbs:

So if you guys added a 50 and up injector, do you think you would need to go to dual in-tank pumps?

hopefully we'll know more on this soon. we're working on fuel pressure/volume at this point.

hey zippy i have a Procharger and im running 42lb injectors with 10-11 lbs of boost and a pusher pump i have a custom tune from pcmforless and my af is 11:6:1 and i dont have any lean out problems my fist mod i ever had was a radix and i never could get it right however i have a couple of friends that have done away with the radix tune and hand held tuners and got a custom tune and solved the problem

We are on it as you guys are posting away. I hear you Ben you ahve a good point that the injector might be some of the problem and we are using volume to make up for the lack of injector. We have found some pressure problems on running just a 255lph today. How about 30psi right from the go then the same all the way through without recovery. That is on a 3.3" pulley radix truck that we have here now. So that would suggest the need for more pump. After we rule out the pump it may be time for injector on just the 3.3" Zippy point out what you were talking to the lightning guy about that time we were out racing.

Archived