2006 ss

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
I'll keep the AWD-we get enough snow here in indiana to justify the AWD-we looked at the 2wd ones last week,both we saw were minimum option units-looked like soon to be Enterprise rentals.

I hope they don't disgrace the SS name with some POS or an ALL SHOW-NO GO truck(remember 1990-91?)

that all show no go truck runs about the same quarter mile time as the current ss. :confused: not much show, it was black with chrome steel wheels, wider tires, and some stickers. :dunno:

I begg to differ with you there, My dad had the 454SS and the 350SS pickups for the 90's and the new SS is easy a second faster or more than either.Just my .02 though maybe some were quicker

never seen or heard of a 350SS from the 90's. :confused:

the average testing time for the 454SS was around a 15.4.

the average testing time for the SSS is around a 15.3.

Is that a new color offering in that lead-in image to the article or was that the Arrival Blue with really bad lighting? It looked like a deep greenish blue to me.

I think offering the 2WD was smart for GM. As with any change to a platform it will be greeted by lovers and haters alike.

:thumbsdown:

I can't believe they are doing away with the awd. Why cant you buy an awd or 4wd silverado or avalance with the cool guy 6liter motor??? hello???

How about a crew cab 6liter?

No wonder they lost 4billion bucks!

"Was onstar in every 03 SS?"

NO, It was an option

CD

The truck is built in Oshawa Ontario Canada, so he problably picked up all the info there.

OnStar was and is Standard equipment on All Canadian sold SS's, reason why mine listed at 54K Canadian.

They did not sell well at all here in the north, but I am seing a lot of the :puke: F-250 Harley trucks.

Talk of one Uggggly truck

:thumbsdown:

I can't believe they are doing away with the awd.  Why cant you buy an awd or 4wd silverado or avalance with the cool guy 6liter motor???  hello???

How about a crew cab 6liter? 

No wonder they lost 4billion bucks!

crew cab with a 6.0L is already available in a GMC and i expect to see Chevrolet having one this coming year.

• 1 month later...
Good article. Looks like they are trying to go to the 391HP version of our 6.0. Maybe they are trying to seek out the younger crowd. I also agree that not offering the AWD a mistake. That was my turning point. How could I get my wife  (the Lieutenant) to agree to "my" buying a $43,000 dollar truck that was not at least 4WD-AWD.

I think that is the problem with the SRT-10 and the Lightning both vehicles without the family in mind. Rich old dudes or single chucks' buy the SRT-10

I love the AWD, the only thing we are really lacking is power. If they came out with a AWD truck that put out 500 to 600 hp i don't think anyone would be wanting 2wd.  :dunno:

Put a switch in the dam thing so we can get AWD on demand ..or 2wd @ 500hp

That would be the $hit .... :crackup:

Archived