***Moonroof installed***

r8rs4lf

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
That looks bad ass...I'm jealous.  :thumbs:

Lefty- I talked to Rich the other day. My buddy who owns AAA Trans and AK Gear here in town. He drives a red 04 like yours. Ok so he calls me and Shades of Competition are installing these same moonroofs in our SS's. They are chargings 1600.00 for the install tho. Im seriously considering it.

Truck was gleamin today buddy. Great weather we had.

For all you East coast SSS owners, Wynn's Auto Upholstery in Chesapeake, VA quoted me at $1180 for the ASC 925, that's including parts/labor/taxes. I'm gonna go to them as soon as I find my Leftover '04! Check them out at wynnsauto.com

My worst fear of getting a sunroof happened today.

A LEAK!!!! :banghead:

It rained all night and when I went to work this morning I saw a drip land on my shorts. I was pissed because I just had this done on 04-04-05. Anyways, I took it to ASC this afternoon and the tech found the problem. He removed part of the headliner where the leak was (new leak in the rear and not where it was this morning) and found that the initial installer didn't do it right. Apparently there are two drain hoses on each side of the moonroof and on the passenger side towards the rear, the drain hose was mounted in a fashion where the water would not drain down because the hose was installed at an upward angle. So the water backed up in the hose and since our roofs have a very slight angle to it, the water ran from the rear to the front where it was leaking this morning. The tech told me it would take about 2-3 hours because he had to remove the headliner. To my surprise it was done in about 30 minutes because two techs jumped on it and got it done. :thumbs: to the techs at ASC for handling it like they did, great service. He assured me that there would be no more leaks. We'll see, hopefully not!! :sigh: He also adjusted the moonroof because on the drivers side, the rear of it was slightly higher than the passenger side when closed.

Late- Alex

• 3 years later...

Archived