***Moonroof installed***

r8rs4lf

Took my SSS into ASC in Paramount, Ca. to get my moonroof installed today. In at 8:00am and out by 4:30pm. Total price was almost $1300.00 which included mounting the switch in a hidden location. Here are the pics, sorry the truck is a little dirty!

91885650.jpg

Fully opened.

91885639.jpg

91885625.jpg

Here is where I had them mount the switch. In the center console, on the rear edge. ASC would have mounted it in the center of the map light console. I didn't want that, I wanted to be the only one to control it and I wanted it hidden.

91885616.jpg

On the top of the switch is the tilt mode, in the center is close, and on the bottom is open. It also closes when the key is removed. It can be opened to the position where it previously was before turning the truck off, just by touching one of those buttons. It is a very nice unit.

91885518.jpg

I'll get more pics of it closed and the illuminated switch after I wash it.

Late- Alex

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad you like it---something about having a sunroof I dont think I can live without any more.

I wiiiiiiish I had my SS here in Australia :) Im going to see some guyz today about doing Chevy truck imports down to here from the states. Biggest challenges will be shipping and import taxes, of course, and quality right hand drive conversions-Ive seen some good ones and bad ones while here. Short of all that, it just might work. Our market in Cali is flooded with them, and I talked to a guy in Geelong the other day who had a 97 extended cab 1500-he paid 140,000 AU$ for it. Trying to sell it for 97,000. He took a crapper in his pants when I told him I could get a truck like that in the states for under 10 grand.

Geeeeez opportunities abound down here. Aussie-land looks like a gr8 place to expat if things in the usa get much worse.

Who knows what the future holds?

Oh, and still off topic, Im going to get some Aussie 2005 Silverado taillights posted over. That should scratch my 'being one-of-a-kind" itch. No crappy LEDs for me :)

SS Silv, it looks like it goes inside...judging by the pics of the redone headliner.

Looks like ASC did some nice work! Congrats and enjoy it. Now I need to put my truck in to get a sunroof like I was planning....

Archived