The Hemi, yea right

handsome25tx

controversy....chevy, ford dodge...either way you cut it yes they are american vehicels...each truck is tailored to a specific market...regarding the badging of the SS...i believe that the Silverado SS is a step in the right direction for GM...it makes more sense to come out into the market with something that works...because basically our trucks are a cheaper version of the EXT....then as the years progress...modify things a little...start to offer more things for the potential buyers of the SS...many people love the new SS....ford and dodge fans alike...if it made this big of a splash as a quazi-super sport vehicle...think what it will do when GM really puts some money into these machines...

all in all to each is own...but in my own..i say that if you want a truck for everyday use (personal or business) that you can tow the boat up to the cabin with or get a load of rock for the back yard go with a chevy...if you are towing stuff around all the time get a powerstroke...sorry to say...but they are some of the most reliable diesels out there....and if you want something that will become a law ornament in a couple of months get a dodge.... :jester: ...just kidding mopar guys...i can't seem to think of a reason to get a dodge though...sorry...

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
this is the site with the most respect of the other members.

It's called maturity. For the most part we have folks who act like adults around here, not spoiled teenagers. That's why I like it, too. :cheers:

:thumbs: To everyone.

I used to drive a GTP and was part of clubgp.com. The forum has many spoiled rich kids that do not know how to be an adult. I also found that to be the case with the local Grand Prix Club. I had enough of that, so I bought a SS. I wish it was as fast as my GTP!! :jester:

not to offend ss owners, if this were the step in the right direction, dealers wouldn't be stuck with so many. it was a great idea, but after it's initial run to the people that liked it, it's just not selling.

with the variety of cars these day's, dealer's don't have to "sell" the car to a customer as much as they used too. for the most part when customers are walking in these days they have the vehicle that they want already picked out as well as knowing how much they can get it for. the economy was already like this when the ss was released anyway. diesels funny to mention, are one of our best selling trucks right now next to the old standard (extended cab z71's). with the duramax getting a numbers leading power upgrade come january, they will be competing better with the slightly more powerfull powerstroke now. the dealer i work for also is a dodge dealer which is something we just can't seem to sell even at cost. (no hard fealings by me, lol).

:withstupid:

The standard diff ratio is 3:92 whenyou order a Hemi,

fuel mileage why bother all the big boys have none,

Youze a stomp it gooodd , youza pay Mr Gas gimme ya money pleeze lotza times...

I think in 2 wd with locked diff configurations it would be close at start, but waving at my SS at midway point.

Would be having 4WD Ram for breakfast with the excess weight of the Mopar transfer case in no time.

I had one big laugh :D with this guy in his :smash: BIG Black Hemi Ram 1500 4X4 (We did not have enough pavement to dance side by side...) :sigh:

But I did win the day, They (Rams) don't fit in underground parking garages, my SS squeaked in

he locked his under the garage door :jester:

Dr Mike :thumbs:

Archived