The Hemi, yea right

handsome25tx

ill probably be suprised by it about as many times as one of the "12" second civics races me and gets his doors blown off.

lots of guys think they are fast, most arent. Im not afraid of a Hemi truck, its a very overrated motor that is dissapointing people everywhere. Dodge was a little optomistic on the HP numbers i think

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The best time I have seen from an extended cab HEMI is 15.5 :confused: The guy had taken his filter out and removed his spare tire. :crazy: I think a 15.1 is a great time for a "stock" :wtf: HEMI quad cab. I think alot has to do with the rear gearing options from the factory.

:pop:

I said in the post..."Very near stock"

He had a 3" catback, the "switch"??supposed to let the tranny shift at a higher rpm, and a K&N drop in..Spare was removed as well.

I don't have the HEMI, and I wouldn't hype it up. Facts are facts though... If you run a 14.9, and the Hemi truck runs a 15.1, if you give him the jump... You won't be passing him for a while. In red-light runs, he'd be window to window with you.

But no sense in arguing about it, that's not what I'm in here for.

Boy you guys sure read into things a little too much. I never said to buy a Hemi. Nor did I try to hype it up. I even congratulated the guy on his kill....

I simply said.... It wont be to his benefit to go giving everyone in a Hemi that he races a JUMP out of the hole. :smash:

:sleep::sleep:

Gettin' a little warm in here? :P

Had the chance to see a reg cab Hemi (black and lowered...looked nice) take the quarter mile run last weekend. 15.1xx. The second run faired the same. I went up to him after his runs and looked over the truck. Had a magnaflow and a cold air intake...along with being lowered. Again, he could have had a full tank of gas and numerically low rear gears. Looks like this engine has some potential though. He did state that the gas mileage was horrible. :lol: I didn't tell him what I was driving :crazy:

Enjoying the show :pop:

Not to pour salt on an open wound in this forum, but you might not be talking so much smack on the next run.

Depending on setup, these Turd HEMI's may surprise you. After watching a Very near stock Hemi Quad Cab turn 15.1's the other day on the local track, they aren't far at all from the stock SS times. If you let too many guys get the jump out of the hole, you may end up slapping the steering wheel in frustration, wondering why you couldn't catch up.

I don't just go around picking races, but there is a guy in town, that just bought a black SS. I wouldn't mind lining up with him.

Good kill though.. It's always good to see the cocky go down.

haha I wasnt referring to you mah friend

• 1 month later...

A Hemi rolled up next to me when I was going about 30 mph. For about 1/8 mile he drove right beside me and then gunned it. He got about a 1/3 of a truck length before I got on it. When I hit 90, I was over a truck length ahead of him and still pulling away.

• 2 weeks later...

I was nosing around on a Dodge site last night and some guy was on there blowing his horn how he smoked an SS with his Hemi and that the SS was a piece of S**t. I didn't chime in, but I am wondering what the weights of these two trucks are? Both claim 345hp, and the Dodge has an optional 3.92(?) rear gear, while the SS has 4.11 in it. If the weights are close, then with the 4.11's, the SS should be king in the 1/4 mile. I'm sure the Dodge must be heavier-the thing is a behemoth. Also, one (Ford) guy claimed the Dodge loses 100 hp from the engine to the ground???? Anyone have any dyno info on the two trucks?? I'd like some facts before I speak.

Archived