my trans feels like it slips

handsome25tx

:confused: My trans feels like it slips when I am really down on it leaving the light, shifting from 1st to 2nd. Have any of you guys noticed this??? The only thing I have done to it is add the magna flow exhaust. But it sounds damn good tho. I would like to know before i take it back to my dealer... :(

Well the reason i am asking is, i am geting ready to add some mods. to my ss and i dont wont :confused: it to affect the add ons. I am gonna add the whipple supercharger and a set of headers. After doing a lot of resarch, it seems the only charger you can get for this ss right now is magna and whipple. Have any of you guys had any encounters with the whipple???

I too am looking at the whipple. There is much concern over the fact that there is no intercooler. (with the hich compression of the ss, detination is a large worry)

As far as the magnacharger goes, My cousin has had 2. One on a 5.3L silverado and one on a ford. With both, the mechanical parts worked great! the electronics (PCM programming) took about 2 years of work to get correct. He finally outsorced the Silverado to get it working correctly. He was not impressed with their support.

My largest reason for thinking about the whipple is my cousin just got the 2500 hd with the 8L. He can get me a deal when he gets the SC for his truck!

• 3 months later...

I think we may be witnessing the first of a major warranty repair in the makings. :eek: I have had concerns about the longevity of an AWD system on such a heavy vehicle. You guys aren’t the first ones to complain about the tranny slipping on the SS; soon many of us may experience the same slippage. :nono:

BTW how do you drive your truck, do you stomp the gas all the time and drive hard?? Could be something to do with that viscous fluid in the tranny…

Is the tranny hot when you guys experience this? The regular trany fluid foams at high temps. I swithched to synthetic because of the bad rep the regular got in most tech write-ups. Anyone else hear this? :confused:

No, but I also switched to synthetic ATF @500 miles.

Archived