SS Vin Numbering ???????????????????

shopman1

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like a sinister plan - I'm in - now if we can just get those numbers.

...and how can there be such a sinister plan...

bet you a coke you can't figure out the song...did I say that out loud?

LOL, I am old enough to remember Styx :D

...and how can there be such a sinister plan...

.....that could hide such a lad

.....such a caring young man

...and you're fooling yourself, if you don't believe it

...you're killing yourself, if you don't believe it.....

Sorry got carried away. Went something like that :D

I tried to find out about the Vin #'s and all I was told is that they didn't break it down by the vin because the SS isn't considered a limited production vehicle :wtf: . Now I don't know how true that is but I am still digging...

I would like to know as well what each SS would be out of the 10,028 made for 03’ :thumbs:

One thing in know for sure is that having a regular vin# saved me a ton of money with my insurance company. The VIN came up as a Silverado 1500ck, having the SS associated with that sets off the $$ alarms with the insurance companies that I can live without. :cool:

Just to let everyone know, I just contacted GM and they said that productions #'s won't be released until the end of the production year... He also told me that he doesn't think that they could distinguish the #'s from the standard to the SS Silverado's but did tell me to check back around the December time frame. Sorry I couldn't be of more help. :sigh:

because the SS isn't considered a limited production vehicle :wtf:

Well, tell them to add another thing to the list of corrections for the chevrolet.com web page then. :nono: Go there, click on silverado and the first one listed is the SS. Under the starting price it says "(Limited availability)". Ok, I just had to bite my tongue on what I really wanted to say just now....I will have to stick with :withstupid:

Justin :chevy:

What I understand is the 'N' in the vin # on the SS replaces another letter which is used on the other Silverados.

Can anyone confirm?

WW :cool:

:cool: That may work: 8th characters- Identifies the engine, so if the only Silverados that had 6.0 engine's were SS's we would have a way to ID however I believe you can order a 6.0 in a non-SS. Correct me if I am wrong.