SS Vin Numbering ???????????????????

shopman1

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i didn't know that vin numbers were assigned to specific vehicles (ie - ss vs. non-ss trucks)? i did read something about the new SSR having limited production and therefore the first 20 vin numberes starting at 00001 (or somehting like that) were going to special groups.

:chevy: Many times a special model will have it's own numbering system. The SS was not done like that, they were numbered along with the regular Silverado's. So, we are trying to find out if we can pull the SS subset of numbers so that we can see how low a number each person has and how many that made for 03. Some stats would be great say by color, US verses Canada kind of like what is done for Corvette's.

• 2 weeks later...

Mervz - Any luck getting the SS Vin numbers broken out in a contiguously numbered file. We know now how many were built in 03, I think it was 10028 and we have a number for colors. All we need now is the Vin numbers broken out.

Lets keep this one going.

• 2 weeks later...

Just in case anyone from GM is lurking around here.

This is one of the things that Ford is doing to keep that "something special" aura around their SVT vehicles. And just because someone else is doing it does not mean it is bad to do something similar !!!! SVT really goes all out to their customers that "exclusive club" feeling. It really helps build the image for SVT and I belive that image helps sell regular Fords.

build%20number%20badge.jpg

Since GM didn't do this for us, we need to have some sequential numbered plates made up with SS logos. Anyone have a source? Maybe even a heavy backed decal?

ssplaque.jpg

There you go with that puter magic stuff again.

Since GM didn't do this for us, we need to have some sequential numbered plates made up with SS logos. Anyone have a source? Maybe even a heavy backed decal?

ssplaque.jpg

:cool: Sinisterss - I like your idea. We still need the sub set of SS numbers. Is anyone trying to get the numbers?????