SS Vin Numbering ???????????????????

shopman1

I think Zippy can answer this one - - > How come the SS did not have it's own Vin numbering system? It would be nice to see if you were a low number and also see by the end of the years run how many were built. I believe the numbering was contiguous with the normal Silverado.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't really know for sure, but have been told that the SS was treated just like any other Silverado and was issued the next VIN number that was available during "Silverado" production. :crazy:

The SS received, no advertising, no sequence VIN #'s, no respect, just an old chevy silverado like the rest of them good old chevy trucks :jester:

Don't really know for sure, but have been told that the SS was treated just like any other Silverado and was issued the next VIN number that was available during "Silverado" production. :crazy:  

The SS received, no advertising, no sequence VIN #'s, no respect, just an old chevy silverado like the rest of them good old chevy trucks :jester:

That's what I thought. Maybe - we-all can lobby GM to reveal just the numbers that represent the SS's. They must have on file some place. Mervz - Can you check on this, it would be very cool if we could get the SS Vin numbers broken out in a contiguously numbered file. This may not be possible until the end of the 03 run year however, why not ask, it may be a no brainier for a GM programmer!! :chevy::chevy:

Edited by shopman1 (see edit history)

it is a bit odd that they weren't numbered since most other special production vehicles were, but possibly because there were released mid year which would have made it more difficult to pick a numbering system not used along with not knowing how many would be built. if it had been the beginning of the year or even if they had known how many were being produced they probably could have set a certain number of vin's aside specificly for the ss. just my thought on it, anyone else?

• Admin
That's what I thought. Maybe - we-all can lobby GM to reveal just the numbers that represent the SS's. They must have on file some place. Mervz - Can you check on this, it would be very cool if we could get the SS Vin numbers broken out in a contiguously numbered file. This may not be possible until the end of the 03 run year however, why not ask, it may be a no brainier for a GM programmer!! :chevy::chevy:

Hmmm, my first thought would be that GM is gonna say no way, but it wouldn't hurt to ask!

Lemme see what i can dig up :cheers:

That's what I thought.  Maybe - we-all can lobby GM to reveal just the numbers that represent the SS's.  They must have on file some place.  Mervz - Can you check on this, it would be very cool if we could get the SS Vin numbers broken out in a contiguously numbered file. This may not be possible until the end of the 03 run year however, why not ask, it may be a no brainier for a GM programmer!!  :chevy:  :chevy:

Hmmm, my first thought would be that GM is gonna say no way, but it wouldn't hurt to ask!

Lemme see what i can dig up :cheers:

:thumbs: Mervz - Go for it. If you get a no, don't stop, just call someone else. If you can get to the GM programming team, they may be able to help.