SC silverado vs. SS

FalconPilot

• 1 month later...

This is kinda on the same subject, but thought I'd share it with you guys and see what ya'll thought.

I've been wanting an SS ever since I first saw the concept over a year ago in Truckin', but decided I couldn't wait for the production version to come out. So, I got an '01 5.3ltr Sierra. I decided I am going to try and take the difference b/t the costs of the 2 and see if I can make mine faster. I bought my truck for $30,095..so we'll round up to $30,000. And I figure we could say the average a new SS would run for is about $37,000. In MS wher I'm from its currently 41,000 but I've seen on here some of you guys are getting them for 35,000!! That kicks @$$. Anyway, Ive got about $2000 of bolt-ons under the hood right now, and about $1000 in suspension and tires. I just got back from the track about 2 hours ago and in like 1000% humidity I ran a 16 flat. I was very disapointed. :( Well, the reaon I posted this here is b/c I am about to get a whipple, powerdyne, or ATI Procharger for my truck and take a guy in town who just got him a new black SS(FINE AS HELL) to the track. So, that will pretty much take up all the cost difference of the 2 trucks. nothing against ya'll, but I'm kinda excited and hope to see if it can be done. The SS's AWD will prolly tear me a new one out of the hole. but who knows. Let me know what you guys think of all this.

PS--I don't mean to blow any skirts up for all you SS owners. I'm just trying to work with what I got. :cheers: Hopefully, I will be the owner of a new Gloss black SS in the near future...if I can get one as cheap in Texas as a few guys on here say!!! But no matter what.....RICEBOYS STILL SUCK!!! :thumbs:

My uncles 5.3 4X4 with a Magnacharger will keep up with my SS untill around 70, then he blows me away! If he launches in 2wd, the tires just smoke. He launches in 4, then shifts to 2 on the fly. With a blower, You should have no problem beating a stock SS on a dry track.

Let us know how it works!

Chad

i'd like to think with some decent tires you can take an ss off the line with a supercharged 5.3. my sonoma with a stock tc, 215/65R15's with a 500 treadwear rating, and 2wd has cut a 2.160 60' time.

Yeh, I think I got the tires to hook up with already. Ive got those yokahama's listed on my signature and I barely chirp of the line launching at around 1900 rpm. But as soon as I get blown, i think ive got my eye on those new nitto 555r's. Those things look SWeeeet!

Archived